Le Square Children's (Projet Global) - 38, 27, 27, 27, 25, 20 étages

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

The best place by far is the Bassin Peel:

- Griffintown

-Lachine Canal

- 15 minutes walk from downtown.

- Near the Cité du Multimedia, - Old port and Vieux Montréal

- Future (2020) SLR station nearby without any transfer from either Rive-Sud or the West Island

crosbyshow, this is exactly where I think a new Expos stadium should be. Right at the southeast corner of Bridge and Wellington Streets, where the train tracks go over the Lachine canal. Earlier this year just out of curiousity, I took the space allocated for the proposed stadium south of the core, and put it at the Peel basin. It more than fits, not in the same configuration, but you can definitely put an MLB baseball stadium there, with a small terminal for buses, a parking complex and a couple condos for good measure. Right there, you could have the stadium with the outfield seats close to the water and home plate pointing northeast towards Old Montreal, with a very nice view of the Skyline in left field, and Habitat 67 & the JC Bridge in the background in left field. In my proposal, I would incorporate the adjacent AMT line into the stadium. Paddlers in boats in the Lachine canal could catch homeruns, just like at the San Francisco Giants games. Right now between the AMT line and that Loto Quebec building, there's nothing but a mechanic shop and a storage facility (I think). Those two things can easily be demolished. How MLB might feel having a stadium next to a Loto-Quebec office, I don't know. But the site works, and as Griffintown develops, and the Bonaventure urban parkway gets finished, it will become increasing obvious that the site will be perfect for a baseball stadium. Build a tram from the core right to the stadium. Easy access by highway too. Ding dong, merci bon soir!

The Children's Hospital location is too small. It should just become condos with a architectural significant parts preserved and included as part of the project. It's too small for an MLB stadium. crosbyshow's and my idea is much better.

• Réponses 1,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I do agree keep the building on Tupper, the rest could be torn down. The only thing I do not know what they could do with this. All condos or a mixed use building, like condo/hotel or office/hotel. If there was more foot traffic, it might force the owners of the Forum to work on getting new tenants.

I have seen many comments online wanting this to be a homeless shelter, which would be a good idea.

Time will tell.

Modifié par jesseps

I do agree keep the building on Tupper, the rest could be torn down. The only thing I do not know what they could do with this. All condos or a mixed use building, like condo/hotel or office/hotel. If there was more foot traffic, it might force the owners of the Forum to work on getting new tenants.

I have seen many comments online wanting this to be a homeless shelter, which would be a good idea.

Time will tell.

A partir du moment où le site est vendu, il appartient au propriétaire de décider de sa vocation à l'intérieur du plan de zonage. Alors il ne peut pas faire n'importe quoi. Il faut aussi faire très attention de ne pas créer de ghetto. Les bonnes intentions sont louables, mais il faut éviter de concentrer la misère dans un endroit spécifique qui risque ensuite d'y être identifié définitivement. Dans tous les cas la mixité sociale est préférable et encore plus quand le site du projet est majeur, comme dans le cas qui nous intéresse ici.

That site is also too far from downtown! You can't walk from downtown to the J-C bridge!

15-20 minutes from downtown. Not at all different from Bassin Peel! Anyway, c'est quand même pas en banlieue non plus! Si c'est pas "downtown" comme tel, c'est proche en tabouère.

That site is also too far from downtown! You can't walk from downtown to the J-C bridge!

Je suis d'accord avec vous jusqu'à un certain point. Vrai que Montréal est LA ville du CH, mais si on recule au début des années 80, les Expos attiraient BEAUCOUP plus de monde que le CH. Avec un stade au Centre-ville et (encore plus important) si les nouveaux Expos pourraient se retrouver dans la Ligue Américaine Est (Avec les Red Sox, Yankees et Blue jays) vous pouvez être sûr qu'il y aurait des touristes de ces trois villes qui viendraient à Montréal pour du baseball. Je ne me souviens plus de quelle année c'était exactement, (vers la fin des Expos 2001-2002) il y a eu une fin de semaine où les Expos jouaient contre les Red Sox à Montréal. Il y avait plus de 30,000 personnes au Stade pour les 3 parties de la série et + de 20,000 de ces gens venaient de Boston. Donc tous ça pour dire que si le Stade est bien placé (Griffintown) et que la nouvelle équipe se retrouve la l'Américaine Est, je crois que ça pourrait marcher!

Exactement. Et qui plus est, Montréal change. Les dizaines de milliers d'immigrants qui arrivent, s'ils embarquent dans la fièvre CH pour mieux s'intégrer dans la société, n'ont pas les mêmes racines que les "pure laine" qui semblent en effet n,avoir aucune autre pensée que pour le hockey.

Inévitablement, je pense que le succès des autres sports va augmenter. Je ne partage absolument pas la vision pessimiste de certains, qui semblent avoir encore un frame de référence des années 70.

15-20 minutes from downtown. Not at all different from Bassin Peel! Anyway, c'est quand même pas en banlieue non plus! Si c'est pas "downtown" comme tel, c'est proche en tabouère.

Bon d'accord. 20 minutes, mais je persiste à croire que ce ne serait pas l'emplacement idéal. Le bassin Peel est vraiment LE spot pour un futur stade de Baseball!

Bon d'accord. 20 minutes, mais je persiste à croire que ce ne serait pas l'emplacement idéal. Le bassin Peel est vraiment LE spot pour un futur stade de Baseball!

Oui, on est entièrement d,accord là-dessus!!:thumbsup: