Le federal va t'il permettre une liaison montreal-beyrouth?

andre md

Avec le gouvernement libéral de Trudeau peut etre allons nous voir une liaison directe Montreal-Beyrouth?

Il y a une demande ici de la forte communauté Libanaise de Montréal. En plus avec l'afflux des syriens ca va accroitre la necessité de permettre cette route.

A tu idée Mark_AC ou en est le gouvernement a ce sujet? Je sais que Rovinescu avait en tete une liaison Montreal-Beyrouth.

Il y a meme une page facebook en faveur d'une telle route.

https://www.facebook.com/MontrealBeyrouthDirectFlight

Avec le gouvernement libéral de Trudeau peut etre allons nous voir une liaison directe Montreal-Beyrouth?

Il y a une demande ici de la forte communauté Libanaise de Montréal. En plus avec l'afflux des syriens ca va accroitre la necessité de permettre cette route.

A tu idée Mark_AC ou en est le gouvernement a ce sujet? Je sais que Rovinescu avait en tete une liaison Montreal-Beyrouth.

Il y a meme une page facebook en faveur d'une telle route.

https://www.facebook.com/MontrealBeyrouthDirectFlight

Beirut airport is a very busy one. There are dozens of daily flights from throughout the Mideast and the Gulf region and there are direct flights to the main European capitals. I was never convinced that the decision to cancel the proposed lights from YUL to Beirut was strictly a Canadian decision. Given the amount of traffic out of Beirut and the ties between Montreal and Lebanon, a direct flight makes total sense. The question of security doesn`t seem to stop other major carriers from going there. However, I don’t know whether there are any direct flights from the USA. I suspect the past decision was more of a political agreement than a security decision. However, the situation is very different now than it was then, and I would hope that the proposal could be revived.

There are direct flights from Egypt to Usa and Canada. Look what happen lately with a flight from egypt to russian. Muslim bortherhood are well implemented in Egypt as well as many other radical muslim groups. So wha'ts the point against Lebanon ?

Another risky country would be Turkey. And there are many flights with turkish airlines in north america.

Premierement, la derniere fois que AC avait l'intention de servir BEY (en 2003), c'etait un gouvernement liberal qui les a arreté, donc le fait qu'on a un gouvernement liberal maintenant n'apporte aucune changement au potentiel de ce route.

Deuxiemement, ce n'est pas seulement a cause du gouvernement Canadien que YUL-BEY a éte annulée. C'est a cause du gouvernement Americain egalement, qui a fait pars de son mecontentement au gouvernement Canadien de l'époque.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa-grounds-direct-flights-to-beirut-1.412025

" U.S. officials had warned the federal government against allowing the flights."

Je crois que Montreal-Beyrouth ne vera pas le jour, malheureusement.

However, I don’t know whether there are any direct flights from the USA. I suspect the past decision was more of a political agreement than a security decision. However, the situation is very different now than it was then, and I would hope that the proposal could be revived.

There are no direct Lebanon-US flights. This is why the US was so inclined against AC's YUL-BEY flight.

You are right in saying that the situation in Lebanon is very different than 12 years ago. Unfortunately, it is worse now, and not the other way around. Lebanon is a very unstable country, politically speaking. Too many factions are fighting for control of the political landscape. Add in the fact that Lebanon shares a border with Syria, and you will understand that the potential for a safe and secure YUL-BEY flight today is much worse than it was back in 2003.

As it stands right now, YUL-BEY is dead in the water. No liberal government will be able to change that.

Muslim bortherhood are well implemented in Egypt as well as many other radical muslim groups. So wha'ts the point against Lebanon ?

One word. Hezbollah.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, according to the US and Canada. The Muslim brotherhood is not. (again, according to the US and Canada).

http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

Edited by thenoflyzone

767 I guess or 333... Those are the two most viable options. 343s were mostly used on longer routes, and I don't think 747s would have been a good fit.

Yeah no doubt that today they would easily fill a 77W, throw is a couple of Jazz DTW-YUL flights to feed the american Arab population and its set.

It was on AC's plans for 2018, so we'll see how it works out.

What aircraft was AC to use on BEY back in 2003?

B763.

Was supposed to start June 3, 2003. Government approval was revoked a few days before the first flight.

AC834 YUL1700-1035+1BEY B763 246

AC835 BEY-YUL B763 357

These flight numbers are used on YYZ-YUL-GVA-YUL-YYZ today. Incidentally, AC has a codeshare from GVA to BEY on ME.

Edited by thenoflyzone