The New York Times

Printer Friendly Format Sponsored By

April 6, 2008

30 Seconds

With Alex Ovechkin

By LEW SERVISS

The fans chant “M.V.P.!” when Alex Ovechkin scores at the Verizon Center in Washington. They have had a lot of practice this season. Ovechkin, the 22-year-old dynamo from Moscow, scored his 65th goal Thursday, breaking the season goal-scoring record for a left wing set by Luc Robitaille of the Los Angeles Kings in the 1992-93 season. The next task for Ovechkin is to help the Capitals advance in the postseason; Washington secured a playoff berth Saturday night. LEW SERVISS

BEST THING ABOUT LIVING IN WASHINGTON Good people here and just I like it here

WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST ABOUT RUSSIA? My family, my friends

FAVORITE VIDEO GAME Counter-Strike

THE BEST THING ABOUT SCORING A GOAL The celebration

WHO WOULD PLAY YOU IN THE MOVIE “THE ALEX OVECHKIN STORY”? Probably Jim Carrey

THE SPORT YOU’RE WORST AT American football probably

FAVORITE CITY TO VISIT Montreal:yes:

IF YOU WEREN’T A HOCKEY PLAYER, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING? Probably playing soccer

LEAST FAVORITE FOOD Sushi

FAVORITE DRESSING ROOM MUSIC Hip-hop

ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR? No

WHAT’S BETTER THAN MAKING THE PLAYOFFS? Nothing

Home

Contact Us

* Work for Us

* Site Map

Pour moi il va avoir une opportunité de visiter notre belle ville, plusieurs fois ce printemps!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SupremeMTL
      Hello all!
      Im back with another poll, this time about potential new sports teams in Montreal. 
      A little backstory, I've often been in many discussions with my friends about which sports team Montreal should push for next and our discussions always come down to 3 main points supporting a team for each of the big three leagues in North America.
      1) Montreal should get an NBA team, look at the Raptors and their recent success, Montreal is an international city with many of its citizens immigrating from or coming to study here from African and Asian countries where basketball is popular (Angola, China, Taiwan, Philippines, Cameroon, Nigeria, Congo) for example. A basketball arena already exists in the Bell Center (1996) and the team could play there. Montreal's NBA basketball team would naturally rival the Raptors and would make for exciting match-ups. Link - https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/nba/nba-montreal-1.4857187
      2) Montreal should get an MLB team, we used to have the Expos. Already there is talk about the Tampa Bay Rays splitting games between their home arena in Tampa Bay and playing in Montreal. Stephen Bronfman (son of former Expos owner Charles Bronfman) has already expressed interest in owning the Expos should they ever come back to Montreal. Arena talks are underway near the griffintown / peel basin area and would greatly aid Montreal in getting a team back. Link - https://montrealgazette.com/sports/todd-stephen-bronfman-embraces-plan-to-bring-baseball-back-to-montreal
      3) Montreal should get an NFL team, the NFL is looking to expand already to places like London or Mexico City. If the NFL realizes that those two cities are too logistically challenging and they wont pursue them, then the NFL could look at a closer to home option in Montreal as realistically it is the only viable city in Canada that could support an NFL team. The NFL can't expand to Toronto because the Buffalo Bills would veto it. They can't expand to Vancouver because the Seattle Seahawks would veto it. Toronto already holds the title as "Canada's NBA team", and maybe the NFL would like to try and have the Montreal NFL team marketed as "Canada's NFL team". Link - https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/07/expansion-cities-san-diego-portland-montreal-oklahoma-city-bismarck-anchorage
      I am curious to what you guys think is the best argument below. Please feel free to add anything that i may have forgotten. This discussion is purely hypothetical and aims at being a fun place to build on / argue against differentiating points.
      Thank you for reading! 
    • By Chris1989
      Don't know how truthful this is (FIFA has moved the World Cup a number of times in their history), but it's interesting nonetheless. It looks like Qatar will lose 2022 but who will become the new host is really up in the air.

FIFA propose to move 2022 World Cup from Qatar to USA and Canada

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/fifa-propose-move-2022-world-cup-qatar-to-usa-canada/
    • By Chris1989
      https://youtu.be/9j13lvyYWXU 
      My newest video, featuring tourists trying smoked meat at Schwartz's for the first time. It's one of my favourite places in town, so I'm glad I was able to find enough footage to make it work. There's definitely some great reactions in here!
      I was also able to include a really cute moment with Céline Dion asking about the secret recipe.
      I'm going to try and make at least one MTL-specific video a month and post it on my channel. Please Share if you like it!
      If you have any ideas on what my next video should be about, or you would like to direct me to a video you stumbled upon, let me know! Thanks everyone.

• By Philippe
      Rénovation de la caserne Létourneux, investissement de 10$M.

• By MARTY
      Complexe de soccer de Montréal : le concours d’architecture est lancé !

3 juin 2011
      Communiqué

Le lancement d’un concours d’architecture pour la construction d’un complexe de soccer dans le pôle sportif du complexe environnemental de Saint-Michel (CESM) a été annoncé jeudi.

Situé sur l’avenue Papineau, le centre offrira aux quelque 40 000 adeptes de soccer montréalais la possibilité de pratiquer ce sport toute l’année. Le projet, dont le début des travaux est prévu à l’automne 2012, a été bonifié pour y inclure un quatrième terrain. En tout, 28,3 millions $ seront injectés dans ce nouveau complexe de soccer.

Conformément au Plan de développement durable de la collectivité montréalaise 2010-2015, ce nouveau bâtiment vise l’obtention de la certification LEED-NC de niveau Or. Ce projet sera réalisé à travers un processus de design intégré, une approche créative qui permet la construction de bâtiments novateurs répondant à des objectifs de qualité, de fonctionnalité, d’économie d’énergie et d’efficience d’entretien.

Un beau défi pour les architectes du Québec

L’insertion du complexe sportif dans un ensemble naturel aussi distinctif que le parc du CESM représente un défi conceptuel propice à la tenue d’un concours architectural. Par celui-ci, la Ville vise la création d’une œuvre singulière, unique et remarquable.

Le concours qui s’adresse à tous les architectes du Québec se déroulera en deux étapes : un appel de candidatures où les architectes sont invités à soumettre une proposition succincte, puis, dans un deuxième temps, un concept architectural et une équipe d’architectes.

Les détails sur l'inscription, le lieu de dépôt et la date d'échéance seront disponibles le 8 juin sur mtlunescodesign.com et les documents par le biais du Système électronique d'appel d'offres (SEAO). Ce concours est réalisé selon les règles établies par l’Ordre des architectes du Québec (OAQ). Le jury sera composé de 10 membres possédant une expérience diversifiée dans l’évaluation de projets d’envergure.

Source : Ville de Montréal
adblock_message_value
adblock_accept_btn_value