Aller au contenu

VIA Rail - Discussion générale ​

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

N'oublions pas que l'avantage du TGF vient aussi du fait que la ligne passera par Laval, Ottawa, Peterborough et aura aussi un arrêt à Eglinton (considéré comme le "midtown" de la ville-reine).  Ça agrandit quand même le bassin de passagers potentiels entre le Grand Montréal et le GTA.

Sans compter les destinations possibles après Toronto comme Kitchener/Waterloo, London et Windsor (Detroit).

Le 2020-10-02 à 22:33, SameGuy a dit :

@ERJ-Boy I find with Nexus I’m always one of the few people in the “VIP” line for domestic/international. Max 10 minutes.

Now, transborder? Yeah CATSA has been making the Nexus/GE line slower and slower all the time. Hopefully they will see how more and more airports are doing security elsewhere, with multiple “loading points” at each lane. Being trialled in TSA Pre✔️ lanes across the US, I’ve been lucky enough to have this the last few times I’ve gone to Atlanta and New York, and what would be a 20 minute lineup at YUL transborder Nexus/GE took maybe three minutes in Atlanta during peak hour.

You're lucky... Everytime I've flown to TO for work I've always been stuck in a long line at the Nexus checkpoint... I do mostly fly during the morning rush hour though. 

As for TSA Pre-check, it's absolutely amazing and saves so much time (in Philly and LAX T5 it's in a different room from the rest of security, so awesome!).

Ah yes. Pre-check is still good. For YUL checkpoint A I try to get there as early as possible so I can get in the Priority Pass lounge for coffee and a snack. US side last-minute (I rarely fly AC so no Maple Leaf!).

• 3 mois plus tard...

Comme quoi, il n'y a pas qu'au Canada que construire des trains a grande vitesse ca pose problème! Un autre projet vient d'être annulé!

Citation

Le projet de ligne à grande vitesse entre Singapour et Kuala Lumpur annulé!

Les gouvernement malaisiens et singapouriens ont annoncé qu’ils annulaient le projet de relier leur deux capitales par un train a grande vitesse....

https://actutrain.com/singapour/le-projet-de-ligne-a-grande-vitesse-entre-singapour-et-kuala-lumpur-annule/

Il faut espérer que Via aie un peu plus de chance dans le future, car pour le moment, ça reste hors de prix pour la qualité médiocre du service!

I wonder if the federal gov. could finance a TGV partly with a toll on the 401. Not only would it finance the TGV but it would also be an incentive for people to take the train instead of driving. There could be many toll booths with low fares so that it penalizes mostly the people doing the full MTL-TOR drive and not the ones using the 401 for short trips. What do yall think? 

• Like 2

il y a une heure, urbansarquois a dit :

I wonder if the federal gov. could finance a TGV partly with a toll on the 401. Not only would it finance the TGV but it would also be an incentive for people to take the train instead of driving. There could be many toll booths with low fares so that it penalizes mostly the people doing the full MTL-TOR drive and not the ones using the 401 for short trips. What do yall think? 

Unfortunately the federal government does not have the power to do that because highways are a provincial competence, however, Ontario own highways like the 407 east and 412 already have a toll, so ontario and quebec could come together to agree to put a toll on the 401 for 10 years to finance a TGV.

• Like 1

• 2 mois plus tard...
On 2021-01-07 at 12:55 AM, Gaston said:

Unfortunately the federal government does not have the power to do that because highways are a provincial competence, however, Ontario own highways like the 407 east and 412 already have a toll, so ontario and quebec could come together to agree to put a toll on the 401 for 10 years to finance a TGV.

At least, we could put some electronic tolls on the two west island bridges. That would also steer some traffic toward the Hy 30 bypass.

Modifié par YUL

32 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Wow Via Rail aura des trains modernes? Genre Via arrive au 21e siècle? 

Oui ça été annoncé il y a plusieurs années. Siemens avait gagné le contrat au lieu de Bombardier.

• Like 1