Alexcaban

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the 330's were being used at capacity? Is there an equipment change on another route?

La liaison YUL-FCO semble plus populaire que prévue (and/or more premium passagers), au point d'y substituer un A330. Le B767 libéré va évidemment se retrouver dans un marché moins performant (ou plus approprié) que prévu. Lequel?

Edited by YUL

I thought the 330's were being used at capacity? Is there an equipment change on another route?

YYZ-FCO will change from A333 to B77W. So theres one

But they've added the A333 to YYZ-AMS and YYZ-MAD so its still over by two.

Wouldn't be surprised if YYZ-MUC will change for 787-9 and YYC-LHR will get a 77W since AC cancelled their 2nd 4x weekly flight.

YYZ-FCO will change from A333 to B77W. So theres one

But they've added the A333 to YYZ-AMS and YYZ-MAD so its still over by two.

Wouldn't be surprised if YYZ-MUC will change for 787-9 and YYC-LHR will get a 77W since AC cancelled their 2nd 4x weekly flight.

Wow! Seeing YUL-FCO get de-rouged is surprising. I guess they got an unexpected amount of premium demand to go to a mainline A333. Nonetheless an interesting development, along with the 77W from YYZ.

Although they are over by 2 for A333 usage, it's inevitable some routes will transition to 788/9 for summer 2016 as we have seen already, and not forgetting about the 2 new 77Ws arriving next year which allows for more flexibility.

I'm still wondering what will be the first long-haul AC 787 route from YUL will be... Perhaps BRU?

Although they are over by 2 for A333 usage, it's inevitable some routes will transition to 788/9 for summer 2016 as we have seen already, and not forgetting about the 2 new 77Ws arriving next year which allows for more flexibility.

I'm still wondering what will be the first long-haul AC 787 route from YUL will be... Perhaps BRU?

One of those 2 new 77W will be used on ACA884/885 YUL-CDG. So double daily 77W next year on CDG which is a huge increase in seats.

As for a first 787 route from YUL, I'd like to think Tel Aviv or BRU is a good candidate.

Air Canada will never use its own metal (or plastic) on a new non francophone transatlantic destination. It will or would be Rouge or a code share. So Brussels, Paris or Geneva will likely be the city if they even plan to use them here at all.

Air Canada will never use its own metal (or plastic) on a new non francophone transatlantic destination. It will or would be Rouge or a code share. So Brussels, Paris or Geneva will likely be the city if they even plan to use them here at all.

I was surprised when they announced LYS with mainline, however if and when they announce Marseille it will most likely be rouge.

It's probably a vacation destination so yes Rouge. Lyon probably attracts some premium traffic. I'll be curious to see how it will affect Geneva.

I expect it not to be that bad, UN traffic should keep this route going, along with connection from *alliance (SWISS) and codeshare (MEA) to BEY.