Further to my notes that YUL is a high volume low yield market, Lufthansa for summer 2016 has just loaded the high density A340 with only 18 business class seats. The operations will be done by Lufthansa-Jump, the white Star coloured A340s without Lufthansa logo's for labour reasons.

Yet Im happy LH keeps this route, must mean YUL in demand ... still good thing :sarcastic:

I would prefer their reg colors, don't like that star livery ... anyways as a person in industry I don't like them :embarrassed:

Edited by Rusty

Aren't they already using this product, all I've been seeing are Star Alliance A340 for the last month.

Its different (see pictures of the first Tampa-Frankfurt flight). As this product "jump" is flown with Lufthansa Cityline pilots, the Lufthansa logo's are fully removed from the airplane. Also the current A340 that flies to YUL has 30J seats, this new version will only have 18J.

I wonder how big of a share is AC grabbing of the premium market out of YUL, for many destinations served both by AC and a competitive carrier, AC offered a better Hard Product in Business, except where they were using the HD777 planes, but then, the competition didn't offered a really good Business product either (I don't appreciate BA 2 sided seating, or AF old old business seats)

YUL being a premium limited market, they seemed imo to get the upper hand in many situations based solely on product offered.

At least we have something :P Not so long ago we didn't even have FRA and had to use MUC (which is not a very nice hub IMHO).

YUL had flights to FRA for a very long time with AC, and IMO AC offers a better product than LH on the planes they send to YUL. As for MUC, I liked it much better than FRA for transit (only the FRA First Class Terminal is nicer than MUC)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Lufthansa only flew to MUC until not so long ago, when they added the seasonal FRA flight. And I guess it is a matter of taste for airports... I find MUC way too cramped, the ceilings are too low... makes me feel stuck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Djentmaster001
      I've always had the thought of what would happen if stores didn't close early in Montreal, mainly on the weekends. On one hand, it gives a nice work-life balance, but on the other hand, stores closing at 5 pm in a major city gives it a dead feeling. I've had friends from the states, and also people here who want stores to be opened later on weekends, preferably until 9 pm. 
      2. Bars being open till 6 am, with the last call being at 5:30 am. 
      The question is
      1. In your opinion: would you want retail/store hours extended until 9 pm on weekends, and would you want bars open until 6 am? 
      2. Would it benefit the economy, will things stay the same or will it be a boon?
      3. Will it have a huge impact on society? or a minimal one?

• By mtlurb
      Viger Project
      Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Step 1: 2008
      Step 2: 2010

Viger will be a 19-story, 828,000 square foot mixed-use project consisting of a 225,000 square foot hotel, 185,000 square foot of retail space, 385,000 square foot of residential space with parking for 1,400. The hotel portion includes the redevelopment of a 150,000 square foot historic chateau-style hotel.

SUMMARY

Address
      710 Rue Saint-antoine E
      Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Hines' Role
      Development Manager

Net Rentable Area
      Hotel:
      225,000 sq. ft.
      (20,902 sq. meters)

Residential:
      385,000 sq. ft.
      (35,766 sq. meters)

Retail space:
      185,000 sq. ft.
      (17,186 sq. meters)

The renaissance of Viger Square
      Phil O'Brien Senior advisor
      Telemedia DevelopmentI Inc. Mr. Philip O'Brien will be conducting a presentation about the Viger site on the eastern edge of Old Montreal. He will discuss the history of the site: the building of a grand hotel and railway station in what was then the central core of Montreal, its prominence as a prestigious address for business elites, and its cultural significance for the city of Montreal. The context of its decline during the 20th century will be outlined: from the changing economic conditions in the 1930s and its demise to its current state in the urban environment, resulting from the expansion of the railway yards, the digging of the open trench of the Ville-Marie expressway, and the demolition of a vast number of houses to make room for the CBC project. He will then highlight the exciting potential for redevelopment in light of changing local economic conditions and redevelopment opportunities for this area of town.
      Thursday, April 12, 2007
      from 7:30 to 9 a.m.

Ritz-Carlton Montreal
      1228 Sherbrooke Street W.
      chateau_viger.pdf
    • By jesseps
      (Courtesy of The Montreal Gazette)

• By ChrisDVD
      Jean Coutu déménage à Varennes
      Publié le 29 mai 2013 à 07h47

Le Groupe Jean Coutu (T.PJC.A) consolidera toutes ses activités corporatives sur un terrain de 3 millions de pieds carrés localisé en bordure de l'autoroute 30 à Varennes, en Montérégie. La construction du nouveau siège social débutera l'an prochain.

L'investissement de 190 millions de dollars offrira une superficie totale de 800 000 pieds carrés.

François J. Coutu, président et chef de la direction, soutient que les actuelles installations de Longueuil sont désormais trop petites. Il s'attend à ce que celles de Varennes soient à la fine pointe de la technologie et garantissent des standards élevés de productivité et une performance accrue.

Le transfert des opérations est prévu pour le début de 2016 pour les plus de 1000 employés du Groupe Jean Coutu et de sa filiale Centre d'information Rx.

François J. Coutu en dira davantage ce mercredi matin lors d'une conférence de presse qui aura lieu à l'hôtel de ville de Varennes.

http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie/commerce-de-detail/201305/29/01-4655415-jean-coutu-demenage-a-varennes.php