YUL passenger traffic increases through first half of 2015

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Publié le 31 juillet 2015 à 16h04 | Mis à jour le 31 juillet 2015 à 16h04

Les profits d'ADM ont plus que doublé

La Presse Canadienne

Aéroports de Montréal (ADM) a vu ses profits plus que doubler au cours du deuxième trimestre, au cours duquel ses dépenses sont demeurées stables grâce à l'augmentation de divers frais financiers

http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie/transports/201507/31/01-4889561-les-profits-dadm-ont-plus-que-double.php

sent via Tapatalk

Edited by IluvMTL

4% nothing to get crazy about. Basically stable from last year. Gimme 10% increase and I'll get the cocktail shrimps and champagne out. For now, i'm gonna pour a Bigfoot in plastic glasses.

4% nothing to get crazy about. Basically stable from last year. Gimme 10% increase and I'll get the cocktail shrimps and champagne out. For now, i'm gonna pour a Bigfoot in plastic glasses.

4% might not sound like a lot to you but when your talking about 4% increase in the millions it's very good number.

Considering YYC saw only a 1 % growth and that YEG is -3%, i'd say 4 % is pretty sweet !

It's enough of an increase to enable YUL to regain the title of 3rd busiest airport, ahead of YYC, as long as it keeps this up until the end of the year.

4% nothing to get crazy about. Basically stable from last year.

4% of YUL's total traffic is 615,000 people. Think of it as almost the entire population of Quebec City passing through YUL. Hardly negligible.

Gimme 10% increase and I'll get the cocktail shrimps and champagne out. For now, i'm gonna pour a Bigfoot in plastic glasses.

Very few airports in the world see a 10% growth. It is certainly not the norm, and certainly not now in Canada. Considering we are almost officially in a recession (5 months with no growth), i'd say a 4% increase is pretty good.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/07/31/canadian-economy-careens-toward-recession-as-election-looms.html

Edited by thenoflyzone

4% of YUL's total traffic is 615,000 people. Think of it as almost the entire population of Quebec City passing through YUL. Hardly negligible.

Exactly. This is huge.

YUL needs to keep focused on lobbying for connection traffic. For full-year 2014, Pearson had just over double Trudeau's international traffic (12.7 million vs 5.5 million) and the amazing effect of having a 30 percent connecting traffic rate vs Trudeau's 17 percent. The rate of connecting traffic is of course entirely determined by airlines' decisions to hub banks of flights at certain airports, and in eastern Canada both AC and WS long ago chose Pearson for its better geography in the eastern North American market as well as its larger O/D catchment and (Marc_AC is correct) the propensity of that O/D market to travel in greater percentages than the Quebec market. ADM can keep working with carriers to establish hub banks and connectivity, and the six new int'l gates will certainly help in this regard.

So in my mind the question is really whether we have to keep comparing ourselves to Pearson, or whether we can say that ADM has done a pretty remarkable job in the past quarter century to redevelop the Montreal airport brand and make it truly attractive and grow the business. The answer is yes. My (current) litmus test would be that ADM has successfully rebuilt the road network on its territory, on schedule, while the MTQ portion languishes in perpetual unfinished limbo, bla bla bla... Vote Jim Cherry for mayor! (Full disclosure, I am not an ADM employee about to go through my annual performance review).

I only see things getting better for YUL. The future rail link with Downtown, the completion of the Dorval interchange work, the opening of the international jetty expansion... Only good things ahead. Jim Cherry is indeed doing a very good job.