Interesting thread from airliners.net about WS 5th 767-300

Not sure what their routes will be, but will probably be hard to find some un-treaded territory with so many players already on the trans-atlantic market. Perhaps stuff from the west-coast to Asia?

Anyone know when they're supposed to start flying them?

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6416411/

I wonder if its ever crossed Westjet's mind to try YUL-CDG, I mean they do code share with Air France.

It would seem like a logical route to do but they don't seem to be too interested in expanding in Quebec for some reason. They've paid very little attention to Montreal and show no interest in expansion here. Honestly for all the bashing I read about Air Canada I wish people would turn that anger on Westjet instead.. Air Canada has pushed growth hear by leaps and bounds compared to this carrier

Just my two cents worth... WestJet closed up shop at Hamilton and relocated to Pearson. Higher costs for them, but the tradeoff benefit of course was increased access to/appeal for GTA domestic O/D traffic. From there I would imagine that it costs less to fill the remaining seats with transfer traffic to/from other stations. So WestJet will continue to feed YUL traffic into the YYZ transfer, with a few exceptions for transcon nonstop.

I believe that Air Canada, WestJet, Porter all make well thought-out decisions regarding expansion, and I can't imagine WestJet would ignore Quebec if there was a perceived opportunity, or perhaps it's that the opportunities remain better elsewhere and warrant more attention that the Quebec regional market.

Quite frankly I think the problem comes from both sides... Consumers here generally perceive Westjet as serving the interests of the west (no pun intended) and not useful to the local economy. However, I think that Westjet's business model could work here... I still dream of that Sherbrooke-Toronto Encore flight.