Air Canada Adds New Seasonal Caribbean Routes from late-Dec 2015

bxlmontreal

Air Canada Adds New Seasonal Caribbean Routes from late-Dec 2015.

Air Canada in winter 2015/16 season plans to introduce 3 new seasonal operation to the Caribbean, including 2 from Ottawa, 1 from Montreal. Planned new service as follow.

eff 21DEC15 Montreal – La Romana 1 weekly

AC1580 YUL1010 – 1538LRM 319 1

AC1581 LRM1640 – 2018YUL 319 1

http://airlineroute.net/2015/05/27/ac-yowyul-w15/

I hope that there will be more announced for the winter.

I honestly was expecting YUL-TPA (Tampa) to be switched over to Rouge, and hoping for MIA to go year round.

Is the terminal at FLL able to accommodate anything larger then a A321?

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to this new service, Air Canada has made additional operational changes on route to the Caribbean.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/08/ac-carib-w15update1/

Montreal – Antigua eff 21DEC15 Airbus A319 replaces A320, 1 weekly service

Montreal – Cayo Coco eff 22DEC15 Increase from 2 to 3 weekly, Airbus A319 service

Montreal – Holguin eff 23DEC15 Increase form 1 to 2 weekly, Airbus A319 service

Montreal – Nassau eff 23DEC15 Increase from 1 to 2 weekly, Airbus A319 service

Montreal – Providenciales eff 20DEC15 Airbus A319 replaces Embraer E190, 1 weekly service

Montreal – Puerto Plata eff 22DEC15 Increase from 1 to 3 weekly, Airbus A319 service

Montreal – Samana eff 22DEC15 Increase from 2 to 3 weekly, Airbus A319 service

Montreal – Santa Clara eff 20DEC15 Increase from 3 to 4 weekly, Airbus A319 service

Montreal – Varadero eff 20DEC15 Increase from 4 to 6 weekly, Airbus A319 service

• 2 weeks later...
hoping for MIA to go year round.

Doubt it very much. AA offers 2x or 3x daily service on MIA-YUL, so doesn't make sense for AC to compete head on with AA like that in summer.

Is the terminal at FLL able to accommodate anything larger then a A321?

Initially I thought no, but I was told that apparently 767s can use the gates as well.

Initially I thought no, but I was told that apparently 767s can use the gates as well.

Well if this is the case then, I should be stating the obvious.... why kept A321's when you know you could sell out a few 763's.

If its because of the 24 lie flat business class seats then why not give rouge a try, even though those J seat do sell during the winter.

Well if this is the case then, I should be stating the obvious.... why kept A321's when you know you could sell out a few 763's.

If its because of the 24 lie flat business class seats then why not give rouge a try, even though those J seat do sell during the winter.

Most likely because those 767s are used somewhere else. It's not as if AC/RV have many spare B763s sitting idle, even in winter.

YYZ-LAX/SFO/CUN/MBJ/BGI are regularly run with 763s in winter.

Edited by thenoflyzone