:) in Vancouver

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/02/national-bank-canada-anchor-exchange-office-tower/

National Bank of Canada to anchor The Exchange office tower

he National Bank of Canada will be the anchor tenant of The Exchange building, a new 31-storey office tower under construction at Howe and West Pender streets in downtown Vancouver.

According to Business In Vancouver, the Montreal-based banking institution will occupy 45,000 square feet of the building’s 369,000 square feet.

This is part of National Bank’s recently implemented business strategy to expand its reach beyond Quebec and Ontario. As of last spring, the bank had 451 branches across the country, with 339 in Quebec, 74 in Ontario, 27 in New Brunswick and only nine branches west of Ontario.

While many Western Canadians may be unfamiliar with National Bank, it was founded in 1859 and is Canada’s sixth largest bank.

“National is looking at growing from being a super- regional bank to having much more of a national presence,” Kash Pashootan, a portfolio manager with First Avenue Advisory of Raymond James Ltd., told Bloomberg News in March 2014.

National Bank’s occupation at The Exchange will not be possible until 2017, when the building is scheduled for completion. Construction on the $240-million building began in January 2014.

The Exchange is designed by Swiss architect Harry Gugger and incorporates Vancouver’s 1929-built Old Stock Exchange building with the addition of office tower floors above the historic structure.

In addition to restoring the historic facade and old trading floor, project proponents are aiming to achieve a LEED Platinum certification with “seriously green” elements such as rooftop solar panels, integrated geo-exchange thermal regulators, storm water retention and reuse, and hydronic heating and cooling systems.

The office tower project is funded by Credit Suisse, one of the largest private real estate investors in the world.

the-exchange-vancouver-4.jpg?f91710

:mad::biting:

Écrit le dans le titre du fil que c'est à Vancouver !

Fausse joie :(

PS: tout ça est écrit avec le sourire et une pointe d'humour :)

Pas d'accord avec toi, je le trouve laid.

Je suis content qu'il soit construit ailleurs qu'à Montréal.

Pas d'accord avec toi, je le trouve laid.

Je suis content qu'il soit construit ailleurs qu'à Montréal.

J'arrivais du fil Jeanne-Mance, j'imagine que ça a altéré mon jugement

Hé bien, non seulement je ne voudrais pas faire l'échange avec le projet de la rue Jeanne-Mance, mais je leur donnerais gratuit pour le mettre à côté.

Je l'échange contre Jeanne Mance et le 900 n'importe quand. Je suis prêt à négocier le Holliday inn.

Je peux même ajouter un choix de première ronde vu l'historique en terme de design des projets montréalais.

Je suis désolé de faire mon Rocco, mais je ne peux pas toujours me retenir. On peut bien dire que 40-50% des projets de Toronto ou New York sont banals, mais on défonce ce seuil ici.

Horrible! Que se passe-t-il avec les architectes en 2015???

Victoire sur les stéroïdes! Plutôt musclé, mais belle intégration sur le plan volumétrique. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By elie
      Hi, I'm trying to find information about the patrimonial buildings of ''New City Gas of Montreal'' located inside Ottawa, Ann, Dalhousie and Wellington streets.
      Will there be any construction in the future?
      How high can the build?
      Any plans already available?
      Thank you for any info you might have!
    • By MTLskyline
      http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/actualites/societe/201001/08/01-937487-urbanisme-a-vancouver-la-grande-audace-de-la-cote-ouest.php
    • By steve_36
      Voici deux articles intéressants sur la situation de Vancouver présentement. L'une en rapport avec les nombreux condos non vendus du Village Olympique qui commencent à peser lourd sur les épaules de la ville et l'autre sur le tourisme qui n'est pas à la hauteur espéré surtout en période post olympique.

Je post les articles en questions pour démontrer qu'ailleurs aussi on peut faire des erreurs et qu'il y a des problèmes, meme si cela peut paraitre relatif. Montréal, (et le Québec), malgré les ''méchants séparatistes'' et malgré plusieurs problèmes dans l'administration, n'a pas le monopole de la mauvaise gestion et des mauvaises prévisions.

Imaginons un peu les commentaires des ''antis'' si cela se produisait à Montréal ?

• By Djentmaster001
      I've always had the thought of what would happen if stores didn't close early in Montreal, mainly on the weekends. On one hand, it gives a nice work-life balance, but on the other hand, stores closing at 5 pm in a major city gives it a dead feeling. I've had friends from the states, and also people here who want stores to be opened later on weekends, preferably until 9 pm. 
      2. Bars being open till 6 am, with the last call being at 5:30 am. 
      The question is
      1. In your opinion: would you want retail/store hours extended until 9 pm on weekends, and would you want bars open until 6 am? 
      2. Would it benefit the economy, will things stay the same or will it be a boon?
      3. Will it have a huge impact on society? or a minimal one?

• By Mondo_Grosso
      I know that many of you are against Montreal having it's own version of Time Square, but the point of this post is not to debate that. Rather, it's to look at potential locations if we had to chose one.
      Based on examples like Time Square in New York, Shibuya District in Tokyo,  Piccadilly Circus in London, Dundas Square in Toronto, I defined my own criteria as:
      Must be by an open area Must be close to commercial sector Must be accessible by metro At that, I have come up with Square Concordia, this is the area today:

Here is why I think that this is the ideal area:
      There are 3 large blind walls for the screens High density of 24/hour restaurants and bars High levels of foot traffic at all times Proximity to various festivals There are already renovated squares on each side of the street. The pedestrian area could be expanded to the parking lot on the right. There's a back lane in the lower right corner where food trucks could enter by and park in the square. A stage could also be setup there for events like Crescent Street Grand Prix Festival, Fantasia Film Festival, etc.

Highlighted in green are areas where a screen could go, solid green are screens on top of buildings, the yellow is where I would put food trucks or a stage:

These type of squares a great tourist attractions, both Toronto and New York list them at the top of tourist attractions. I also think that having a second public area in the west of downtown for smaller festivals would be a great compliment to the bigger festivals east at Place Des Festivals.
      Let me know what you think, if you have another suggestion, please share. Thank you for reading!