Aller au contenu

LOL - 4th biggest city!

MTLskyline

Messages recommendés

Anecdote:

Dans le domaine ou je travail nous sommes environ 12 joueurs à Montréal. De ces 12, Nous nous classons 3e en grosseur, en vente et en inventaire. Ceci dit, je suis dans le milieu de l'événement depuis 13 ans déjà et quand j'ai commencé à avoir un poste plus haut gradé je me frustrait quand je voyais mes compétiteur dans les grands événements, je nous comparait sans arrêt.

Depuis quelques années seulement j'ai appris qu'au lieu de me comparer aux autres, je serai mieux de me comparer à nous même, vois ce qu'on peu faire de mieux, arrêter d'essayer de faire mieux que les autres et faire mieux que nous même. Depuis ce temps nous avons passé la barre de 40 employés et nous avons doublé en grosseur depuis 3 ans environ.

Ce que j'essaie de dire c'est simplement que Montréal gagnerait surement à essayer de ce dépasser elle même à la place d'essayer de faire mieux que les autres. Nous avons des atouts débiles, aussi bien en profiter et arrêter de jouer un "Pissing match" qui ne vaut pas la peine d'être vécue.

Je l'ai déjà dit ici et je suis tout à fait d'accord avec toi. Cessons de nous comparer et parlons maintenant de nous dépasser nous-mêmes !!

• Réponses 63
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

LOL! This is the biggest joke. And I was bored about 20 seconds into it.

Here it is: Toronto has always had a self-confidence problem and and identity issue. Confident city's don't always have to referring to their size and importance. Have you ever read a Toronto paper? The number of times they refer to themselves as Canada's biggest city or Canada's busiest airport in one article and in one day is annoying and obnoxious. Almost like they don't believe it themselves. This video is in t he same spirit.

Toronto was always the poor-cousin to Montreal. In terms of wealth, culture, sophistication. Until the 1970's you couldn't even compare the two cities. And Montreal's preeminence for over 200 years most certainly has had a lasting effect on them. One can only wonder what Expo67 and the Olympics did to them in that era.

This lack of self-confidence is only highlighted by their incessant need to compare themselves to New York and put themselves in the same league as NYC.

As for Montreal, it's place in Canadian history is unparalleled. It is the cradle of Canadian capitalism (look at St James street) and Montreal industrialists literally financed and built the country. Drive down the streets: the quality of our pre-war buildings and architecture cannot be matched and tell the story. Montreal is also the most storied city in the country, immortalized in English Canadian literature. It has about 50 years on Toronto in terms of multicuturalism as well. Toronto (Ontario) had very restrictive immigration policies until about 1960. Not to forget Montreal's nightlife past particularly during the days of US prohibition; every American indstrialist and celebrity camped out in Montreal. This was a glorious era in Montreal. Toronto has none of this kind of history.

Toronto, while a big city, is kinda boring. It's boring to look at and lacks character. It lacks a soul. And any New Yorker will tell you, Toronto is nothing like New York. Just because the banks are headquartered in your city doesn't make you New York. I think the best comparison is Toronto to Frankfurt.

Toronto est loin d'être une ville ennuyeuse. Et elle est loin de manquer de caractère. Juste des clichés tout ça. Et quand les Montréalais colportent ces clichés, ça démontre que nous sommes aussi poignés et insécures que les Torontois, sinon plus.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Toronto is a remarkably ugly, incoherent city. It's dangerous to make generalities about things like this, but there is an objective difference between the average Toronto resident and the average Montrealer. I'm from the states, so I think I can make a reasonably objective call on this one: Torontonians are sort of brutal.

Since Toronto has not the European-American mixed feeling of Montreal, the character of the city suffer if compared to Montreal.

Toronto is brutaly efficient, very business oriented, from the tiny part I see.

LOL! This is the biggest joke. And I was bored about 20 seconds into it.

Here it is: Toronto has always had a self-confidence problem and and identity issue. Confident city's don't always have to referring to their size and importance. Have you ever read a Toronto paper? The number of times they refer to themselves as Canada's biggest city or Canada's busiest airport in one article and in one day is annoying and obnoxious. Almost like they don't believe it themselves. This video is in t he same spirit.

Toronto was always the poor-cousin to Montreal. In terms of wealth, culture, sophistication. Until the 1970's you couldn't even compare the two cities. And Montreal's preeminence for over 200 years most certainly has had a lasting effect on them. One can only wonder what Expo67 and the Olympics did to them in that era.

This lack of self-confidence is only highlighted by their incessant need to compare themselves to New York and put themselves in the same league as NYC.

As for Montreal, it's place in Canadian history is unparalleled. It is the cradle of Canadian capitalism (look at St James street) and Montreal industrialists literally financed and built the country. Drive down the streets: the quality of our pre-war buildings and architecture cannot be matched and tell the story. Montreal is also the most storied city in the country, immortalized in English Canadian literature. It has about 50 years on Toronto in terms of multicuturalism as well. Toronto (Ontario) had very restrictive immigration policies until about 1960. Not to forget Montreal's nightlife past particularly during the days of US prohibition; every American indstrialist and celebrity camped out in Montreal. This was a glorious era in Montreal. Toronto has none of this kind of history.

Toronto, while a big city, is kinda boring. It's boring to look at and lacks character. It lacks a soul. And any New Yorker will tell you, Toronto is nothing like New York. Just because the banks are headquartered in your city doesn't make you New York. I think the best comparison is Toronto to Frankfurt.

Great post...fcuk so I'm not the only one who notices this bullsh!t. Every time you hear Pearson on the news, you're well notified that it's Canada's largest airport. In the states do most people know Atlanta's airport is the largest? Most educated people happen to realize Toronto is the largest city in Canada. Why tell me again? It's almost like the rest of us live in the bush.

Do New York, Boston, Chicago, San Fransisco have to justify how "Great" they are? What the media in Toronto does is pathetic. It's lame. I laugh when Torontonians compare their city to New York and say it's even more culturally diversified then the unofficial capital of the world.

Having said all that, i still think Toronto's a great city.

Great post...fcuk so I'm not the only one who notices this bullsh!t. Every time you hear Pearson on the news, you're well notified that it's Canada's largest airport. In the states do most people know Atlanta's airport is the largest? Most educated people happen to realize Toronto is the largest city in Canada. Why tell me again? It's almost like the rest of us live in the bush.

Do New York, Boston, Chicago, San Fransisco have to justify how "Great" they are? What the media in Toronto does is pathetic. It's lame. I laugh when Torontonians compare their city to New York and say it's even more culturally diversified then the unofficial capital of the world.

Having said all that, i still think Toronto's a great city.

It is annoying. I watch national news and about every time they talk about Pearson Airport, its "Canada's busiest airport"; the 401: Canada's busiest highway"; the Maple Leafs: Canada's suckiest team (well, we dont hear enough the last one...). I wonder if Montreal's medias sounds like that to Québec's region. I never heard Dorval-Trudeau Airport refered to Quebec's busiest airport.