Aller au contenu

60 étages Griffintown : seriez-vous prêts à vous déplacer pour manifester votre appui

monctezuma

Seriez-vous prêts à vous déplacer pour manifester votre appuis à cette tour ?  

95 membres ont voté

1. 1. Seriez-vous prêts à vous déplacer pour manifester votre appuis à cette tour ?

• Oui
    • Non

Messages recommendés

So, what are you trying to say : we have ground for a fight about this terrain between two developers, each other wishing not to see the other project to go off the ground ?

I think each project will complement each other. If either project dies, then the other suffers as a consequence. But my point is that if this project were done the right way, there would not even be an argument because when you let the organic redevelopment of an area occur, healthy competition only improves the offerings!

• 3 semaines plus tard...
  • Réponses 42
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

when you let the organic redevelopment of an area occur, healthy competition only improves the offerings!

I thought the building was going to be a mechanical development, rather than an organic one.

I really don't like this project at all. It's got a lot to hate about it: overly tall and next to a long park which really is organic, US-style private medicine, the fact that Quebec's newspaper chains have investments in insurance companies (private health insurance) so they're promoting the shit out of this in order to make more money off the poor, plus this amount of money invested all at once can kill a neighborhood with megalomania....

so much to dislike. If you want to see 60 story towers on the Lachine Canal, just zone them in SimCity, and leave the real canal (and social medicine) alone.

I don't know about Simcity's world but in real life there are many businesses to fear more than insurance companies... In real life no matter if you are an "Ami de la montagne", no matter if you poor or rich you wear clothes and use stuff made off poorers than you.. It's sad but it's how it works.. If you can't deal with that then just get laid or consult a psy. No matter which utopian world you dream of, international bankers owe you.. We give them our money so they can get richer off the world.. All that for absolutely NO SERVICE at ALL expect fees and interests to use your own money. Their is never had any debate about them, Toronto downtown is maden of that, i don't see why we should debate if it's right or not to have the choice to pay people who made long studies, invested lots of time, to save people... They already have way better alternatives for their career, almost everywhere but in Quebec public system.. You may not have experienced that, lucky you, but there are already plenty of health conditions on which medecine just can't do anything about it, people are already paying for alternatives. No matter which private health insurance you'll be taking you'll rarely pay more than what people are already paying for just calling thru their cellular phone. Mr. Rogers can sleeps well, he'll probably always be the richest guy in Canada. Would he passes before everyone for an URGENCY in that 60 story tower in Griffintown? Not at all! I think fair ALTERNATIVES is the keyword here.. and in 2008, in Quebec province, we need MORE for all the taxes we pay.. and if you take your time to read about the private Griffintown clinic.. I don't see anything mentioning that rich people will get to urgencies by private jets or shoplifters with top priority among all those have-nots waiting.. In fact it's probably just a clinic where Miss X from London will come anonymously to get her breast enlargement she deserves so much... Nothing to worry about..

There are plenty of space available in Simcity, unfortunately not near the real MTL downtown area .. so Griffintown appears to be a logical spot for future developments and that 60 story tower isn't the only project there.. There's alot of new residential, commercial spaces soon to be built at this neighborhood and thats a good thing.. We gotta develop alternatives at their best since "Ami de la montagne" blocks any kind of real profitable projects in downtown.. Megalomania happen exactly when nothing is done / can't be done for years.. The more we wait, worst it'll be. Clock's always ticking, MTL is way late...

Wow !! For somebody that just arrived two weeks ago on this site, your second psot is quite a punching one !! :highfive:

I'm so in a state of shock that I really don't know what to say !! Except welcom to the site !!

What saddens and mostly angers me the most about this project is that this website is a forum for skyscraper enthusiasts but yet we have several tree huggers that oppose everything that casts a shadow except for that retarded animal on groundhog day that can't get anything right. (6 weeks of winter? STFU!) Anyway, if this site has those people, can you imagine the rest of them?

so much to dislike. If you want to see 60 story towers on the Lachine Canal, just zone them in SimCity

:banghead: Look at that, first it was the mountain, now it's the canal, WTF?

Do you know what pisses me off about types like you? I can make a compromise, I can except lets say 20% zoned for green and blue space.

What about you guys? Will you except 2 fifty story towers? I mean, what do you expect from a city that drives this province? Don't you realize that the current area that covers griffintown is an absolute shame? I hope you come up with better arguments than that when we all meet at the consultation process.

What saddens and mostly angers me the most about this project is that this website is a forum for skyscraper enthusiasts but yet we have several tree huggers that oppose everything that casts a shadow except for that retarded animal on groundhog day that can't get anything right. (6 weeks of winter? STFU!) Anyway, if this site has those people, can you imagine the rest of them?

this forum is for discussion on Skyscraper and on Montreal Urbanization, This forum, not like others, listen to both point of views and this what makes it such a great place to post.

Trust me Peekay, i feel your frustarations!

But like BruB said, this website is a forum for general discussions that deal with all aspects of our great city. I too would like it if the damned tree huggers would quit whining about every building that is proposed over 10 stories. I would also like it if the Two Griffintown towers were to be built. In fact I'd LOVE it...but there will always be people who will complain about everything. Everyone is entitled to their opinions!

Let's just hope that these towers get built.

I'm really not a morning person!

I don't mind hearing opposing points of view on this forum. I'm very scared that since they are here (a site for SS fanatics), imagine how many are out there.