Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Hydro is full of greedy fuckers.

I am happy they are not raising the prices again. They keep making money every year, yet they keep raising the price. Honestly I have no idea how the hell that works.

huh you didn't read. They did raise their price.

Je crois que c'est une bonne chose. C'est qui l'union des consommateurs et c'est financé par qui???

• Administrateur
Hydro is full of greedy fuckers.

I am happy they are not raising the prices again. They keep making money every year, yet they keep raising the price. Honestly I have no idea how the hell that works.

huuuuuuu????

what does making more money have to do with raising prices??

I have lowered my consumtion from 80 to 68$ a month in my condo because I pay more attention... even though the price has been going up in the last few years.

huuuuuuu????

what does making more money have to do with raising prices??

I have lowered my consumtion from 80 to 68$ a month in my condo because I pay more attention... even though the price has been going up in the last few years.

They keep making massive profits every year. Honestly do we actually use so much water.

I wonder how much hydro electricity costs people in Brazil and China.

I want to hear Hydro real answer to why they keep increasing the price.

They keep making massive profits every year. Honestly do we actually use so much water.

I wonder how much hydro electricity costs people in Brazil and China.

Because we're way below market price... From an economics point of view, there ends to be over-demand for something that is not market-priced. Quebec is the place, in the world, where the most energy per capita is being consumed. And Quebec ain't any colder than iceland or Sweden. Cheaper hydro bills does not translate into higher productivity either. It is essentially a societal loss.

I say, bump the prices to market, use the increased profit to do two things:

1. Offer reno incentives for energy efficiency for urban old constructions (i.e. help the needy in drafty appartments)

2. Finish the hydro link to the rest of Canada and export the additional capacity

Now, if you complete this with a good change of the building code to make R2000/LEED/EnergyStar mandatory, we could easily save a 5%-10% consumption within the next 5 years. As the buildings improve, the savings would increase.

A personnal point of view :

Prices were freezed for many years.

Also, there is a trend for more rehabilitation projects due to aged equipements to replace, coupled with the new projects. Many of the suppliers are overloaded because of market pressures coming from the rising economies of emerging countries.

Therefore, the escalation costs are on a rising trend.

• 2 mois plus tard...
  • 1 mois plus tard...
Fifty homeowners in the Eastern Townships are lined up for a solar heating experiment, designed to help Hydro-Québec determine how much electricity can be saved by using the sun's energy.

Solar panels will be attached to the sides or roofs of the homes, and the amount of energy collected this winter will be recorded and analyzed by the power company.

Homeowner François Brizard said it is a simple system that will give his three-person household an opportunity to lower electricity bills.

The homeowners have to pay $3,000 to $9,000 for the equipment and installation, while Hydro-Québec will pick up the costs for co-ordination and followup.

The pilot project is the latest effort by Hydro-Québec to encourage people to reduce electrical consumption.

At least three million Quebecers have taken part in the company's other energy-saving projects to date. In 2007 Hydro-Québec saved enough electricity to run 43,000 homes.

Earlier this year, the company also launched a project to encourage wind-generated power production.

(Courtesy of CBC)