Air Canada

mtlurb

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

I heard that YUL LAX was high demand with MNL (phillipines Airlines) and other Asia connections, this is why A333

Could be. It's one of the shortest one stops I think.

Although, most of the YUL-MNL itineraries on aircanada.com are routed via YVR and then either ICN, NRT or HKG.

Google flights shows YUL-LAX-MNL. Pretty expensive though, compared to most 2 stop options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thenoflyzone said:

Could be. It's one of the shortest one stops I think.

Although, most of the YUL-MNL itineraries on aircanada.com are routed via YVR and then either ICN, NRT or HKG.

Google flights shows YUL-LAX-MNL. Pretty expensive though, compared to most 2 stop options.

This is true, though a retail travel agent might offer some interesting options through consolidator nets/private fares. Really we'd need to know the travel origin/destinations of seats being sold, and the country / continent of the ticket sale on these upgauged A330 flights. Which unfortunately we don't.   

• Like 1

We lost 99% of our heavy balikbayan MNL traffic with tightened visa requirements for pinoy transiting through the US. Most prefer to go via YVR now.

Since we were talking about the CRJ900, YUL-MSY isn't even the longest flight on the type for Jazz.

AC has YVR-ORD loaded on the CRJ9 next winter (Feb/March 2023). 4h00 eastbound, 4.5 hours westbound. Not the first time the CRJ9 is on this particular route either.

CRJ900 range is 1,550nm. YVR-ORD is 1,533nm. So they are definately leaving some seats open on the return flight.

Yes. YVR-DFW is loaded on the CRJ9 next summer. It’s a few miles shorter than YVR-ORD though. 

AC currently doesn’t fly YVR-IAH and has no plans for it I believe. But that route is well past 1,700nm. So a definite no go for the CRJ900.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...