Aller au contenu

Air Canada

Messages recommendés

Faut reconnaitre que ce qui permet à Montréal de garder le siège sociale est la loi adoptée lors de la privatisation d'AC.Sinon je pense que Yul serait une siège social la Bmo ou à la Rbc..en l'occurence une coquille vide.

Anyway je souhaite que malgré que YYZ soit numéro un et le restera que Yul puisse bien jouer son role de second pour ce qui traite les activités d'AC.

why would CN prefer to have it's HQ in Toronto? MTLRDP you spew a lot of nonsense on this board.

no clue what your spewing about. I mentioned CN's HQ never wrote anything about it preferring to move to Toronto, did you know the majority of shares of CN are owned by Americans? and they have a major presence in Chicago? this info comes from my brother who has worked for the company for over 20 years, now if you know better, than correct me, and finally what part of my comment of Air Canada is wrong? do you honestly think they wouldn't prefer to have their HQ in Toronto

Well there may be some truth to what mtlrdp says in that there was an attempted takeover of AC a number of years ago. Obviously, if Toronto could add AC or CN to its warchest it would. But then any company is on the block for takeovers; friendly or not these days. Alcan is now owned by Rio Tinto, SNC Lavalin or Bombardier could be bought out any day if the stars are aligned that way...

Incidentally, Bill Gates is CN's largest shareholder.

BEcause those jobs belong to SOC (System operations control) which is in Toronto. AIr canada's largest hub is in Toronto and is the nerve center of the whole operation. Placing all operations people in one roof makes a lot more sense than to divide the work over 2 cities - so much inefficiency.

Not sure you read the news, but Air Canada is creating 300 BILINGUAL jobs at the AIr Canada call center downtown Montreal.

All right then. IF Air Canada ACTUALLY does create these 300 jobs, then I guess it'll be OK, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Well there may be some truth to what mtlrdp says in that there was an attempted takeover of AC a number of years ago. Obviously, if Toronto could add AC or CN to its warchest it would. But then any company is on the block for takeovers; friendly or not these days. Alcan is now owned by Rio Tinto, SNC Lavalin or Bombardier could be bought out any day if the stars are aligned that way...

Incidentally, Bill Gates is CN's largest shareholder.

yeah but they're suppose to be equals,check what their HQ looks like in Australia and compare it to what they want to build in Montreal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/120_Collins_Street

yeah but they're suppose to be equals,check what their HQ looks like in Australia and compare it to what they want to build in Montreal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/120_Collins_Street

Well OK but there not quite equals though, One is the mothership and the other a subsidiary. They also have a HQ in London that is 7 stories tall and is probably just as vital as the Melbourne HQ to the company's day-to-dayoperations.

Attention, cet immeubles :"The building is home to a number of high-profile tenants including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BlackRock, Rothschild, Standard & Poor's, Bluescope Steel, Mitsubishi, Rio Tinto Group, Ord Minnet, plus Citigroup's Melbourne office."

Donc TRÈS LOIN d'être que pour Rio.

Attention, cet immeubles :"The building is home to a number of high-profile tenants including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BlackRock, Rothschild, Standard & Poor's, Bluescope Steel, Mitsubishi, Rio Tinto Group, Ord Minnet, plus Citigroup's Melbourne office."

Donc TRÈS LOIN d'être que pour Rio.

I agree with you 100% so why are they making an issue of being the sole tenant in Montreal?