Air Canada

mtlurb

4 minutes ago, GoToTrudeau said:

Je suis super content que AC ait annoncé cette nouvelle route mais tant de choses peuvent changer d'ici là que je vais y croire quand je vais le voir. Juste à regarder le nouveau DEL qui ne startera pas comme prévu, ou encore CAI qui va surement être reporté ou annulé. On attend toujours après TLS et j'en passe beaucoup.

À mon avis les temps sont trop durs et imprévisibles pour se réjouir si vite de tel ou tel annonce.

Les EU sont vaccinés alors pas le même contexte. 

21 minutes ago, GoToTrudeau said:

Je suis super content que AC ait annoncé cette nouvelle route mais tant de choses peuvent changer d'ici là que je vais y croire quand je vais le voir. Juste à regarder le nouveau DEL qui ne startera pas comme prévu, ou encore CAI qui va surement être reporté ou annulé. On attend toujours après TLS et j'en passe beaucoup.

À mon avis les temps sont trop durs et imprévisibles pour se réjouir si vite de tel ou tel annonce.

CAI is and will start operating as of June 17th, Air Canada seems pretty pleased with the booking that they have decided to continue the flight into the winter months rather then summer seasonal only. 

DEL was delayed due to the need to hotel quarantine upon entry into Canada, and further delayed due to the ongoing Covid crisis India is in at the moment. 

TLS won't be coming back of now, AC has removed it from the summer 22 sked.

As for travel to the US and down south this winter, it seems like that sector will bounce back the fastest. Europe next summer.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, p_xavier said:

Les prix ont montés en flèche deux de mes amis ont payé 3100$ et l'autre qui a attendu midi 3950$.  Je ne comprendrai jamais ce système là.

you think AC will make money on an 11h30 hour flight to HNL, when they are charging $2200 for business class? Of course the prices will go up.

Sad, all of this, when the best AC can do with a B787 is send it on an 11h30 flight to a sun destination.

I (and I'm sure AC as well), would rather they resume YUL-NRT/GRU instead of starting a route like this.

Don't expect this route to stick around once travel to Asia/South America bounces back again.

Edited by thenoflyzone

3 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

you think AC will make money on an 11h30 hour flight to HNL, when they are charging $2200 for business class? Of course the prices will go up.

Sad, all of this, when the best AC can do with a B787 is send it on an 11h30 flight to a sun destination.

I (and I'm sure AC as well), would rather they resume YUL-NRT/GRU instead of starting a route like this.

Don't expect this route to stick around once travel to Asia/South America bounces back again.

Non, c'est plus comment tu peux organiser un voyage en groupe quand le prix d'un billet augmente en quelques heures de 3000$?  On s'en fout du prix jusqu'à un certain point mais y faut de la prédiction.

HNL est une destination plus de classe que Cuba quand même.

12 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

Hawaii not your typical sun destination. I use to go twice a year (to the big Island) when I was younger. Yes, you can go to the beach, but depending on which island you go to, you can visit active volcanoes and so on. 

Hawaii a better bet, compared to Cuba. You wont have the locals bugging you, like what happens in Havana. I finally went back to Honolulu for the first time in about 20 years, with my wife a few years ago and it was great.

Food can cost you a pretty penny, because where they are located. 

6 hours ago, YUL said:

IMHO, the Big Island is the place to go, closely followed by Mauï. 

Don't waste too much time in Honolulu (Oahu).

It sure is!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry getting in on this thread a little late... 

1) p_xavier, il existe toujours l'option d'un agent de voyages 'bricks and mortar', lui qui peut passer à travers les grossistes pour parfois obtenir un meilleur prix de détail. 

2) p_xavier, tel que communiqué par Air Canada lors de l'annonce de YULHNL, ils esperent embarquer des passagers en correspondance de FRA et BRU, le Nouveau Brunswick et la Nouvelle Ecosse. Certes il y aura un pourcentage des sieges mis en marché à base YUL origin/destination, mais c'est (fort?) probable que le prix de vente est basé sur ces autres marchés.   

On 2021-05-13 at 12:55 AM, thenoflyzone said:

I (and I'm sure AC as well), would rather they resume YUL-NRT/GRU instead of starting a route like this.

thenoflyzone, I don't have any inside info here, but I can assure you that Air Canada hasn't launched a YULHNL longhaul sector, tied into FRA, BRU, YHZ, YYT connections, without first determining that it can bring in some break-even revenue. In a COVID optic this also permits AC to flow some connections away from YYZ, and spread out all the humans traveling during this time of continued health risk. The other option is to keep more planes parked in the desert while COVID runs its course. I'd rather see a more dense schedule now, with more flight crews staying busy, as it's easier for everyone to gradually ramp up to post-COVID levels rather than to suddenly expand operations. 

I agree with you that longer term, resumption of NRT etc is probably what AC would be looking for.