Aller au contenu

Air Canada

Messages recommendés

59 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

The money is in premium cabins, so I’m sure the twin-aisle planes are staying on that pair. Especially since AMS is a connection point and customers have plenty of options (LHR, CDG, FRA, etc).

Well KLM doesn’t have single aisle planes for trans Atlantic flights so as long as they’re flying here it’ll be wide bodies. For Air Canada I guess it’s wait and see. I don’t know what premium product they’re putting into the A321XLR’s. For now it’ll be 787s up against KLM’s A330s. I’m really curious how KLM responds.. hoping for an upgrade to their 787-9s but that’s more seats with a new agressive competitor coming at a time when Schiphol is restricting KLM’s growth. Gotta give AC props for this ballsy move. 

• Like 3

Dont forget cargo. Cargo is an important segment for anyone that operates in/out of AMS. 

The A321LR or XLR sucks at carrying cargo, due to all the extra fuel tanks that take up space in the belly of the aircraft.

This favors widebodies for transatlantic ops in/out of AMS. And also why KL hasn't ordered the A321LR or XLR, even though distance wise, AMS is well placed for it.

• Like 3

WASHINGTON — Unable to fly through Russian airspace because of the war in Ukraine, U.S. airlines are stepping up a lobbying campaign on Capitol Hill and at the White House to address what they say is a growing problem: They are losing business to foreign competitors who can take passengers between the United States and Asia faster and more cheaply. Effectively banned from the polar routes that save time and fuel between the United States and an array of destinations on the other side of the world, U.S. carriers say they are being forced into an aeronautical version of Twister to get passengers where they want to go without taking undue risks. They have altered trans-Pacific flight plans to ensure they would have somewhere to land in an emergency, reduced passenger and cargo loads to hold down costs as they fly longer distances, and put on hold more than a dozen planned new routes to Mumbai, Tokyo, Seoul and other cities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/17/us/politics/russia-us-airlines-ukraine.html

336763725_1315426289015099_7224795839777099131_n.jpg

Bon à savoir pour les routes AC vers BRU de YUL et YYZ (à venir).

Le Canada a le vent en poupe auprès des Belges

L'un des pays favoris des expatriés porte décidément bien son nom. En 2022, 1 025 Belges se sont inscrits sur les listes consulaires belges du Canada. Un record jamais atteint depuis 10 ans dont se félicite le ministère des Affaires étrangères belges, qui note une hausse des inscriptions d'environ 4 % par an. Les deux tiers résident au Québec. Les autres sont installés à Vancouver et Toronto. Le ministère recommande cependant de multiplier ces chiffres au moins par deux, car un grand nombre d'expatriés ne s'inscrit pas sur les listes consulaires. Il faudrait donc plutôt compter environ 35 000 Belges immigrés au Canada.

Mais ce chiffre serait lui aussi bien en dessous des estimations sur place. Le consulat général de France à Montréal parle de 160 000 à 180 000 Belges au Québec, 50 000 à 60 000 dans les autres provinces canadiennes. Le dernier recensement de la province d'Ottawa, effectué en 2021, a comptabilisé un peu moins de 200 000 habitants se déclarant d'origine belge.

nb: province d'Ottawa 😉(du fédéral je suppose)?

https://www.expat.com/fr/expat-mag/8177-expatriation-ou-partent-les-belges.html

• Like 1

On 2023-03-18 at 1:38 PM, bxlmontreal said:

336763725_1315426289015099_7224795839777099131_n.jpg

PEK-CDG, +6h ? Ca c'est 50% de plus. Ca fait aucune sense. La vraie figure est environ +16%,

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=pek-cdg%2C+pek-bak-tbs-ist-cdg&MS=wls&DU=nm

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/af201

• Like 1

Air Canada Expands Toulouse Service in NW23

Air Canada in recent schedule update revised Montreal – Toulouse operations during Northern winter 2023/24 season. Latest adjustment now sees the Star Alliance carrier offering 4 weekly flights from 29OCT23, instead of previously filed 3 weekly.

This route is scheduled 5 times weekly for summer season, effective 01JUN23. Schedule below is effective 08NOV23 – 30NOV23.

AC878 YUL1930 – 0855+1TLS 333 x246
AC879 TLS1315 – 1555YUL 333 x357

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230324-actls

• Like 4

So many direct IC routes ex-YUL now compared to when I worked at AC (before I was offered full-time where I am now, I was part-time at both, then the merger happened and I got my opportunity)… 😭

I can’t believe how many of my friends who work there don’t do much more than Florida, Vegas, Cancun and the Caribbean. Smh. My very best friend is 20 years in at AC, and the only overseas trip he has taken in his life was when I convinced him to let me introduce him to Brisbane when AC began direct Dreamliner service from YVR seven years ago. He took me, on a Thank You pass, and we flew up front every leg. I’ve offered to reciprocate with my confirmed passes, anywhere we fly, but he has yet to take me up on it.

• Like 2