Aller au contenu

Proposition modeste et réaliste pour le futur des transports à MTL

Robert Keaghan Jennings

Messages recommendés

The metros running in the shops are empty (therefore lighter)... The steel tracks in the network are not stable and strong enough to support the metros we have right now... I agree though, that a network using the 2 systems is possible. And I also agree with a better use of our train lines on the island... Train de l'Ouest, Roxboro line, they are worth being upgraded. Electrification, closer stations (every 1km on the island), metro like service on the island (trains every five minutes during peak, every 10 minutes off peak. Closed, heated stations. Dropping the honor system on the train network (addition of turnstiles)... And from this you can almost say that the greater montreal area would have a "metro"... Less frequent than on the island but if you apply the same principle (closed stations, electrified).

The metros running in the shops are empty (therefore lighter)... The steel tracks in the network are not stable and strong enough to support the metros we have right now... I agree though, that a network using the 2 systems is possible. And I also agree with a better use of our train lines on the island... Train de l'Ouest, Roxboro line, they are worth being upgraded. Electrification, closer stations (every 1km on the island), metro like service on the island (trains every five minutes during peak, every 10 minutes off peak. Closed, heated stations. Dropping the honor system on the train network (addition of turnstiles)... And from this you can almost say that the greater montreal area would have a "metro"... Less frequent than on the island but if you apply the same principle (closed stations, electrified).

Well, before we got into discussing metro technologies, my initial idea was making better use of existing infrastructure rather than imagining extravagent metro expansion ideas. The rapid bus map I posted is based on the idea that a systematic use of high capacity busses with reserved lanes and an easy-to-remember layout would be a cheap intermediate step towards further improvements. The same goes for the train de banlieue.

I base my argument on the idea that as it stands, people are still relunctant to take busses, because they don't want to wait out in the cold for vehicles that get stuck in traffic, have erratic schedules and hard to remember routes. All of those problems could easily be solved and we could achieve metro-like service on the main bus corridors. Tranit ridership would literally soar, and we could then justify more metro investments.

It's particularly frustrating when you think that someone who lives at the corner of St-Joseph and Papineau, in the heart of a dense, urban residential neighborhood, is 15+ blocks from the nearest metro station and has no serious bus option. St-Joseph busses are infrequent, and Mont-Royal busses crawl along a busy pedestrian corridor. This is just one example of a point where service should be tripled (over on Masson, a corridor which has great potential for city-slickers, the problem is even worse).

• 1 année plus tard...

C'est bien! Il manque un peu de service dans mon coin, NDG ;)

Faudrait bien qu'on fasse la ligne qui va traverser le pont Champlain; elle est réelle et s'en vient dans les prochaines années!

J'avais fait une nouvelle ligne de métro qui se rendait de l'aéroport à Mtl-Nord...

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208941523742921831014.0004d9264b015365d0cbd&msa=0&ll=45.52896,-73.591232&spn=0.405988,0.651627

À ce réseau, il faudrait ajouter un lien direct et efficace vers l'aéroport.

Un SLR qui partirait de la Gare Lallier, qui desservirait les stations Vendôme et Dorval, serait bien approprié.

Il faudrait qu'une nouvelle voie de 1km, tout au plus, se rende jusqu'à l'aéroport.

C'est déjà à l'étude comme projet mais ça complèterait bien votre vision.