Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Perhaps. But for example you now see this type of construction (very tall for suburbia) in Mississauga -- and that is about as much of a suburban wasteland as you can find.

Passing through Mississauga on Hwy 403 it isn't just those two "booty shaker" towers... there are so many towers around those two it looks like Manhattan of the 90's viewed through a carnival mirror.

I'm currently on the 18th floor of a building, man it is a pain going up and down with the elevator. View's not bad tho.

Modifié par Cyrus

• Réponses 84
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Like the one park tower in Missiauga, that would be wicked in Laval;

http://www.oneparktower.com/

you should see the end result... Mississauga is littered with these buildings claiming to recreate Gothic style architecture which ends up looking like garbage anyway because of cheap construction materials. plus it doesn't fit in the midst of boxy glass towers that Mississauga has. In a couple of years the highrises are going to look dated and very ugly from my opinion. Hopefully Laval gets a beautiful glass and steel design even though We all know that this project won't probably see the light. Just my two cents..

• Like 1

you should see the end result... Mississauga is littered with these buildings claiming to recreate Gothic style architecture which ends up looking like garbage anyway because of cheap construction materials. plus it doesn't fit in the midst of boxy glass towers that Mississauga has. In a couple of years the highrises are going to look dated and very ugly from my opinion. Hopefully Laval gets a beautiful glass and steel design even though We all know that this project won't probably see the light. Just my two cents..

rien de 60 étages ne sera bâti a Laval avant 2050 !

It is good that it doesn't fit, it needs to be different :P

J'sais pas pour vous, mais j'ai l'impression qu'on a donné assez de visibilité à ce wannabe et ses projets bidons. Me semble qu'on devrait tourner la page et attendre qu'il opère POUR VRAI. Ce dont je doute en ce moment. S'il la construit sa tour (j'mettrai pas un 10 là-dessus), on en reparlera. Mais pour l'instant, j'ai comme l'impression qu'il veut juste se rendre intéressant. On a d'autres vrai projets à discuter sur ce forum, non?.......

To me, Mississauga is all a suburb can aspire to be. That is one of the reasons why my long term thesis on suburbia is negative.

Want to know the future of Mercier; look at Brossard.

Want to know the future of Brossard; look at Longueuil.

Want to know the future of Longueuil; look at Laval.

Want to know the future of Laval; look at Mississauga.

Now, should those suburbs not want to turn into those other suburbs, they should note carefully their failings and not repeat them.

Mississauga's failings: it would have been great if the GO Train stopped at Burhamthorpe and Hurontario instead of 2 kms to the south and 3 kms to the west. And why is the TTC extending the subway to Vaughan and not to Mississauga? Extending the Bloor-Danforth line to Square One seems like a no brainer.

Brossard's failings: Dix30 would work even better if the one storey commercial spaces had two or three storeys of condos above them. Then it could have become a real "quartier". Too many parking spaces, above ground and below.

Longueuil's failings: the parking lots around the metro take up more space than the high density buildings. Too many parking lots, not enough high density buildings.

Laval's failings: I don't know what Laval is. It's an obscure amalgam of Longueuil and other suburbs.

Laval's failings: I don't know what Laval is. It's an obscure amalgam of Longueuil and other suburbs.

Laval, c'est des chipits de centre d'achats roulées dans le béton; pour utiliser une analogie culinaire d'un humoriste dont j'ai oublié le nom

Après avoir discuté avec le propriétaire actuel du terrain, il semblerait que le projet soit sérieux. L'architecte serait Lemay, et on peut donc s'attendre à quelque chose d'intéressant. Selon le propriétaire, le complexe inclurait aussi un club au dernier étage et un hôtel.

Même si je questionne moi aussi la pertinence de ce projet à Laval plutôt qu'à Montréal, je me dit qu'au moins c'est de la densification, et que la densification ne peut jamais être une mauvais chose! (À condition d'être bien faites, mais j'ai confiance en Lemay)