Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

I see. SPQR, if you do not try to come into Canada without a visa and study/work permit, and if you don't leave during the implied status period while you are applying for a new study/work permit, you won't have to deal with what I dealt with. Expect some long waiting times and generally nice people when dealing with Canadian immigration agents, and do not be rude to any of them, even if they are to you. This pretty much applies to any immigration or customs agency in world, even your own country's.

As an update on my case, I spoke with an immigration consultant/lawyer who explained to me that while I may be allowed back into Canada with implied status, a CBSA agent could limit my entry if he has reasonable doubts about my intentions, in the sense that I could be coming in to attend classes without an study permit. In my case I have no intentions to even enter my university again until I have the new study permit but he cannot simply trust my word.

The consultant called CBSA's YUL office on my behalf and arranged a phone call on Friday between me and a CIC agent who will be visiting the office. It was agreed that my only mistake was having left Canada during this time and everything else was in order, so I could be allowed to stay here until I get my new study permit. This will be more convenient and cheaper for me, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I have to go out of Canada and come back in again in a few days.

Well I'll be applying for residence status as a qualified worker, I already took the online test and apparently I fulfill all the requirements , i've also been in canada about 8 times in the last 4 years and have never had problem with immigration so I hope there should be no problem.

Newbie: I feel for you. Nothing worse than authority figures who flounce their power, especially when you're in the right. Like you said, it happens everywhere, but it's frustrating when officials have two different answers and you have to suffer the consequences. My BIL went through the same process when he immigrated here from Venezuela - red tape galore! But my sister was his spokesperson and she was firm and persistant and he got his status (finally!) after a few bumps. The main thing is to be completely open and upfront with these people and don't let them push you over. I understand you don't want to ruffle any feathers, but there's a difference between being firm and confrontational. From the previous comments it looks like you know how to avoid a confrontation! Bravo :) That takes a lot of maturity. And I hope you stay in Canada, we need more people like you.

• 2 semaines plus tard...
Newbie: I feel for you. Nothing worse than authority figures who flounce their power, especially when you're in the right. Like you said, it happens everywhere, but it's frustrating when officials have two different answers and you have to suffer the consequences. My BIL went through the same process when he immigrated here from Venezuela - red tape galore! But my sister was his spokesperson and she was firm and persistant and he got his status (finally!) after a few bumps. The main thing is to be completely open and upfront with these people and don't let them push you over. I understand you don't want to ruffle any feathers, but there's a difference between being firm and confrontational. From the previous comments it looks like you know how to avoid a confrontation! Bravo :) That takes a lot of maturity. And I hope you stay in Canada, we need more people like you.

VILLEMARIE, thanks for your words! I too am from Venezuela! Concerning my case, I went to the airport on the date I had to leave, but decided to talk to CBSA first to make sure once again that there was no other option. They allowed me to stay a bit longer on the grounds that there was a discrepancy in their information system on whether my study permit had been issued or not. They said they would call me when this is resolved and they haven't called yet, so I'm still here. According to my calculations, my study permit will be issued this week so I might not need to buy a ticket after all. Thanks again for your post!