Aller au contenu

Cyrus

Messages recommendés

Interesting article:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/09/09/can-quebecs-church-based-curse-words-survive-in-a-secular-age/

The social changes resulting from the desertion of Quebec church pews have been widely documented: smaller families, fewer marriages, a reformed education system, to name a few. The fate of religious buildings rendered obsolete has generated considerable angst.

But what, en criss, is going to happen to the province’s preferred swear words?

I let out a couple of câlice de tabarnak recently when I witnessed the pictorial resurrection of our sovereign on post office walls and the rehabilitation of Royal armed forces denominations. That said, there are some things to be treasured in tradition, maybe not swear words, but most definitely monarchy has to be respected and enhanced; after all the good it has done us!

Even though I think this guy is exagerating a little, I love the fact that there are more and more Kids who don't know shit about religion. This is the path our society needs to continue down.

At the Musée des religions du monde (Museum of World Religions) in Nicolet, about 110 kilometres northeast of Montreal, Jean-Francois-Royal is regularly struck by the widening gulf between Quebecers and their Catholic heritage. “We are at the point where we have a generation of students who ask, ‘Who is the guy on the cross?’ ” Mr. Royal, the museum’s director, said.

Even though I think this guy is exagerating a little, I love the fact that there are more and more Kids who don't know shit about religion. This is the path our society needs to continue down.

Pas d'accord, étant moi-même athé, je respecte la religion pour ce qu'elle est... des règles et standards sociaux qui nous définissent comme société occidentale... comparativement à d'autres religions qui ont d'autres moeurs et cotumes.

I'm not exactly sure I could ever call ignorance or lack of knowledge as a good thing. At best it is kind of irrelevant (Kids don't know shit bout Latin) but still, considering the influence Christianity has had on our culture, should at least know the guy on the cross... I admit that I still think quoting Biblical passages is cool though, ever since Samuel L Jackson (Ezekiel 25:17) taught us how at least :D