Aller au contenu

Expos de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

So what if it's scoreless? It's not about how many goals are scored! If you don't like soccer, don't watch it! It's already the most watched AND played sport on earth so I don't think you'll make a difference or change things. I'm not an immigrant and I LOVE watching soccer. I watch at least one World Cup game a day when I have time and I must say I don't even care about what the final score is!

Everyone has different tastes and I think it will be impossible to convince anyone that some sport is better than some other sport because everyone is just trying to defend the sport they like and they don't even care about what the others say.

Anyways, does it really matter?

10% (or one game every 3 days) is still too high. Of course when I said "nearly every single day" I was obviously exaggerating a little. 0-0 should be a rare occurrence. It is not. As you have stated, that score in particular accounts for 10% of all World Cup soccer games. I'd be interested to know what percentage of outcomes were ties in general, and what percentage had fewer than 2 goals scored. I bet all ties and all games with fewer than 2 goals scored combined would account for 40 or 50% of all outcomes.

So? Again, what does it matter? You're comparing apples to oranges. A sport isn't about how many times you can score or how easy to score. The style of play in soccer is such that it's possible to have a 0-0 game and still be high-energy high-interest full on excitement. 0-0 games can be far more exciting and dramatic than 10-0 blowouts. It's about the suspense, the excitement, anticipation.

If you don't feel that towards soccer, that's fine. Everybody is different. It isn't wrong or right, better or worse, correct or incorrect.

I'm just explaining why billions of people do like soccer.

Basketball scoring is a little ridiculous, I'll admit. But I see it as requiring more skill than soccer.

Equal skill perhaps, but both sports require a lot. You underestimate soccer!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4762799563718194500#

Modifié par Cataclaw

Baseball is only more boring than soccer if you don't understand the rules/strategy. Soccer=a very simple sport that anyone can understand. Baseball=a highly strategic sport that takes effort to learn.

Trust me, I understand baseball very well...I went to the Big O to watch the expos for almost 30 years. I know that alot of thought goes into every pitch...doesn't mean that it's exciting!

Glenn Beck hates soccer?? Then maybe I should start to like it!

Come on! Glenn Beck is the biggest phony on the planet (yes, even bigger then Michael Moore). If you want to convince people that soccer is boring, you should use more credible arguments then Glenn Beck...

So? Again, what does it matter? You're comparing apples to oranges. A sport isn't about how many times you can score or how easy to score. The style of play in soccer is such that it's possible to have a 0-0 game and still be high-energy high-interest full on excitement. 0-0 games can be far more exciting and dramatic than 10-0 blowouts. It's about the suspense, the excitement, anticipation.

If you don't feel that towards soccer, that's fine. Everybody is different. It isn't wrong or right, better or worse, correct or incorrect.

I'm just explaining why billions of people do like soccer.

Most North Americans aren't wired up that way. We tend to have shorter attention spans, so soccer just isn't that thrilling to most of us (not all obviously). We can't really remain excited for 90 minutes straight unless we ingest a significant amount of alcohol. I suppose its for the same reason that people from non-Baseball countries hate baseball (they find the pace too slow and care less about the action)

Equal skill perhaps, but both sports require a lot. You underestimate soccer!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4762799563718194500#

That is pretty impressive, I know I couldn't do that for sure. However, that greatest hits clip is far from being the norm.

I'll try watching England vs. Germany this weekend.

Modifié par MTLskyline

Glenn Beck hates soccer?? Then maybe I should start to like it!

Come on! Glenn Beck is the biggest phony on the planet (yes, even bigger then Michael Moore). If you want to convince people that soccer is boring, you should use more credible arguments then Glenn Beck...

I knew the Glenn Beck clip would get a rise out of somebody. So you agree with Bill O'Reilly then? :)

I just put that clip in for entertainment. It wasn't meant to be a master's thesis or something.

I knew the Glenn Beck clip would get a rise out of somebody. So you agree with Bill O'Reilly then? :)

I just put that clip in for entertainment. It wasn't meant to be a master's thesis or something.

To be honest, I haven't watch the clip. Just the name Glenn Beck is enough for me...