Aller au contenu

Nouveau plan d'urbanisme de la ville de Montréal : révision des hauteurs et densités

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

What a bullshit article. They do a good job of presenting an argument out of context.

Look at the Mackay site and its zoning. There is a large swath of 120m and a tiny sliver of 25m. They corrected this to make the 120m zone contiguous and this is the basis for out of control zoning? What if Ali Khan had built on top of the Victorian homes, thereby respecting the established zoning? Sometimes I think he should have, just to spite these irrational NIMBYs... but I digress.

I agree that supertall towers have no place in Montreal, and i'm against building extremely tall buildings. They are inefficient in terms of resource use and a 300m+ building would dwarf the skyline and appear out of place. But we aren't talking about building the Burj Khalifa or the Tapei 101, we're talking about a modestly sized 120m mid-rise.

This image speaks for itself.

mackay.jpg

Modifié par Cataclaw

• Réponses 188
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Somebody left an excellent reply on the comments section of the article:

"As usual you target projects simply because they are tall. Your mentality and those like you (Heritage Montreal) are what have stagnated this city. The tower that was proposed was outside of the old authorized zoning regulation by 12 feet, and this only because the developer, at his cost, was choosing to preserve 3 Victorian houses and integrate them into his project. Had he chosen to demolish those buildings, the building would be up now. Meanwhile, just a few weeks ago, city council approves a project by Magil-Laurentienne that proposes towers significantly lower than the zoning requirement, at the Bonaventure entrace to the city no less, the lot with the highest possible density. Yet somehow, to you, that is not news worthy. Probably because you are fan of stunted growth.

Take your blinders off, look at the big picture."

Could this be from a mtlurber?

It could be but I hope it's not !!

La logique doit bien régner ailleurs qu'ici... et doit régner ailleurs qu'ici !

Mais êtes-vous vraiment surpris par cet article !? Heritage Mtl à fait du Mackay bashing à l'OCPM. Vous attendiez-vous à ce qu'ils applaudissent le changement de zonage ? Au moins, ils se tiennent dans leurs propos et leurs prises de position, ce qui est très logique. Ce sont des gens sensés, tant mieux.

Somebody left an excellent reply on the comments section of the article:

"As usual you target projects simply because they are tall. Your mentality and those like you (Heritage Montreal) are what have stagnated this city. The tower that was proposed was outside of the old authorized zoning regulation by 12 feet, and this only because the developer, at his cost, was choosing to preserve 3 Victorian houses and integrate them into his project. Had he chosen to demolish those buildings, the building would be up now. Meanwhile, just a few weeks ago, city council approves a project by Magil-Laurentienne that proposes towers significantly lower than the zoning requirement, at the Bonaventure entrace to the city no less, the lot with the highest possible density. Yet somehow, to you, that is not news worthy. Probably because you are fan of stunted growth.

Take your blinders off, look at the big picture."

Could this be from a mtlurber?

uuummm.. I wrote that.

I agree that supertall towers have no place in Montreal, and i'm against building extremely tall buildings. They are inefficient in terms of resource use and a 300m+ building would dwarf the skyline and appear out of place.

Anyway, le jour où quelqu'un (n'importe qui!) voudra bâtir du 300 m à Mtl, nos petits-enfants ne le verront probablement jamais! Alors, comme on dit, le problème ne se pose même pas.;)

Here is another comment after this article by Aubin. From another mtlurber? Possibly.....

What a joke this city has become. One need only visit Toronto or Vancouver to see high-rises pop-up like mushrooms overnight. In Montreal, the only thing that pops-up like mushrooms are, ....... well, Mushrooms!

J'aime bien lire les différents points de vue qui sont exprimés sur ce forum. Ça devrait être plus haut, moins haut, plus dense, moins dense. Avec des arguments qui soutiennent les points de vue. Comme ça, ça va.

Mais je n'aime pas les attaques personnelles contre des personnes engagées, bénévoles, qui se donnent la peine de préparer des mémoires et qui les exposent lors de séances de consultation publique. Lorsqu'on veut exprimer un point de vue particulier, on fait comme eux : on prépare un mémoire et on va le présenter. Insulter les gens qui le font, c'est de l'intimidation, c'est une attaque à la liberté d'expression et à la démocratie. De plus, attaquer des gens qui ne font même pas partie du forum, c'est cheap.

Si vous avez des choses à dire lors d'une consultation publique, faites-vous entendre et soumettez un mémoire. Mais, de grâce, n'essayez pas de museler ceux qui le font.

Pylône