Aller au contenu

Parc Jean-Drapeau/Parc des Nations : rénovations

jesseps

Messages recommendés

• Administrateur
il y a 7 minutes, IluvMTL a dit :

'Multipurpose'

I think the underlying idea is to replace all that outdoor parking along the river (with incredible views). Prime real estate for panoramic views of the skyline! 

If so, pay the extra and send the parking underground. This is a park after all. I suppose they decided to insert it in the La Ronde area for this reason, and also to facilitate entry from the bridge.

I hope the purpose is not to remove all the parking... because this will cutoff the island for a lot of people. Every time I go to the island, the parking is full... the need is there and there must be good reasons for it (and its not cheap parking either).

• Like 2

Best spot to enjoy views of the bridge, Old Montreal and the city skyline. 

If you get here via pedestrian elevators on the bridge, (Craig Station to the park) you could walk over from the Faubourgs area in 10 minutes since it is only 600 metres across the bridge.  See the proposition by AmiEs du courant Sainte-Marie in this thread. 

image.png.f0e242c90539726a3fff9ae9d7d76ff8.png

image.png.45493434cd86ed5c21e97ddf2e982076.png

• Like 3

• 2 semaines plus tard...
On 2022-01-17 at 1:39 PM, mtlurb said:

I hope the purpose is not to remove all the parking... because this will cutoff the island for a lot of people. Every time I go to the island, the parking is full... the need is there and there must be good reasons for it (and its not cheap parking either).

I suspect the main purpose of this building is assemble all the parking here and converting the outdoor parking areas to actual parkland. 

That said, since access to the island by car requires that you get there over a bridge, one can only expect that traffic will increase between now and 2030 and beyond as the park becomes more popular with all the improvements underway. The bridge could be backed up for kilometers as well as entrance ramps. Not good. 

Once the Faubourgs area is developed, there will be an additional 10K units just across the bridge. As more and more people are attracted to the island, they have to facilitate collective and active transport (more buses, metros, ferries and better access over the bridge for cyclists and pedestrians via safer and wider paths. Those are, and will continue to be,  the best way to get there.  

image.png.515df66550e71a7730d06653781c9334.png

• Like 3

En rouge, la Promenade Riveraine autour de l'est de l'ile

Avec les vues sur la ville, ça sera notre parc Brooklyn. 

C'est pour cela que le pont Jacques-Cartier doit être mieux intégré dans son milieu urbain des Faubourgs, notamment en termes d'accès universel et de pistes de mobilité actives sécuritaires.

image.png.9e949e4d3965723118c8f18f03c75fd5.png

image.png.67bdb296b8592e2be76941b51ca49b51.png

image.png.c4ae2b18434d2b5f65217356929adc99.png

• Thanks 2

Et la pointe de l'ile Saint-Hélène derrière la marina va demeurer un gros stationnement à ciel ouvert pour La Ronde? On construit une promenade riveraine mais on laisse le stationnement ridicule à la place d'en faire un beau parc riverain? 

• Like 1

• Administrateur
il y a une heure, IluvMTL a dit :

Le Mont Boullé et la Grande Promenade Fluviale 

Le stationnement en surface va disparaitre! 

image.png.4c845e4787f4355469660f425f02c08d.png

image.png.41de46bfb91b7fd3e8b07789eff080f3.png

C'est ce que je pensais, on élimine la grande majorité du stationnement... wow.

2 hours ago, mtlurb said:

Sorry, I depend on my car for the vast majority of my displacements as well, but if I’m going to Six Flags (haven’t been since it was sold to the Americans, but I digress) or to PJD or IND/Villeneuve, I’m getting there by Métro 10 times out of 10. 

• Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, mtlurb a dit :

Le stationnement extérieur éliminé sera rajouté dans le nouveau bâtiment Jacques-Cartier qui sera justement un gigantesque stationnement étagé/sous-terrain.