Global Warming Effect on Canada

Cyrus

Interesting stuff. I'm wondering if those temperature anomalies are for mean annual temperature. Increases of 5 or more degrees Celsius seem a little extreme to me, even for a 100 year period.

Time for me to move to Ellesmere Island.

Since around 2005 or 2007. The Canadian government been working on (more like thinking of) building a highway from Churchill, MB to a small village Nunavut (Chesterfield Inlet). 2050 is going to be interesting thats for sure and if I do live up to 2100 (114 y.o) the world going to seem like a scary place. It is just crazy that they predict, that P.E.I going to go bye-bye. At least Canada should start building its arctic base this year and having it completed by 2016 :)

mcunb7.jpg

world_4deg_warmer.jpg

Edited by jesseps

Bon ça y est!

On déménage Montréal à Rouyn!

Mon seul soucis, est que les espèces végétales n'ont pas que besoin de température mais aussi de temps d’ensoleillement.

Il y a des plantes qui n'ont pas suffisamment de soleil pour une croissance respectable au dela d'une certaine latitude, température ou pas...

C'est pas le cas de toutes les plantes heureusement.

Interesting stuff. I'm wondering if those temperature anomalies are for mean annual temperature. Increases of 5 or more degrees Celsius seem a little extreme to me, even for a 100 year period.

^

Haha - That's great! I knew there was something a little off about a 12 degree increase! Nicely done.

My favorite was:

"In the Lower Mainland, rainfall experts have assessed a likely incremental increase in the annual rainfall from 320 days per annum to 322 days" :rotfl: