• Bloc québécois | Bloc Québécois
    • Nouveau Parti démocratique | New democratic Party
    • Parti conservateur du Canada | Conservative Party of Canada
    • Parti libéral du Canada | Liberal Party of Canada
    • Parti vert du Canada | Green Party of Canada
    • Autre | Other
    • Pas l'intention de voter | No intention of voting

Messages recommendés

I think you were reading way outside of the lines there; of course people in the countryside are nice. However, they are more conservative. That's why Harper caters to the country folks; that's his base. Actually, I'd say that country peeps are likely more libertarian, suburban dwellers are more conservatives and residents of denser urban areas tend to be more liberal.

Country folk are more libertarian because they don't have anyone fucking around with them and they get used to it and start liking it :P

City folk get their parking spaces taken by others all the time so want to get all sado-maso on everyone and screw it all up for the rest of us :P

Maybe because paradoxically "country folk" know all their neighbors and thus trust them and city folk keep to themselves too much and the only people they know by face are the ones who stole their bicycle and the one who tore open their garbage to find their name and issue them a garbage ticket for having the wrong colour garbage bag (LOL)

I don't really think Harper is catering specifically to "country folk", he's put a lot of attention to Quebec City (in the past) and Toronto (now) and to the "ethnic vote" (typically urban), and Calgary ain't electing no Lie-beral :D

Then of course you have the NDP or the forerunners to it and Socreds that were definitely big with farmers. I suspect a lot of the reason NDP governments have "survived" in Manitoba and Saskatchewan and have a more fiscally responsible style is due to that kind of "If I have 10 potatoes I can't sell 12" country-style common sense. Meanwhile in Ontario you have "urban NDP" and they'll believe anything and so you get eleventy zillion dollar deficits.

Particularly considering the case of Saskatchewan, for many years basically a Communist quasi-kleptocracy (by Canadian standards, see Spudgate and etc) which is certainly not highly urbanized at all, I don't see a necessary "rural = conservative" equation.

One could also look at the Alberta example where the long reigning Social Credit party was turfed permanently by the Progressive Conservatives who had their base being urban intellectuals in Calgary and Edmonton for example.

7563.jpg

Le Chateau Saint-Leonard, 2001... un excellent choix monsieur :rotfl:

Modifié par Cyrus

• Réponses 61
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques