Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

198876_10150102052936957_512196956_6879555_3151945_n.jpg

This happened to me Friday night. While driving I was having a conversation with a friend, how it be funny if I would get a flat because of a pothole. A few minutes later, there it was a flat :P

Modifié par jesseps

What the heck is going on with the roads lately?

On the south shore potholes are everywhere. In some places potholes have started to merge into one giant pit. On Jacques-Cartier and on Pl. Charles-Lemoyne it is just mind boggling. The potholes have merged there to form 1-meter wide chasms.

I wish the city would shape up and fix the biggest ones at least. It's becoming increasingly dangerous. I know it's harder to fix potholes in the winter, but there are viable techniques such as spray injection.

I'm going to take some pictures on Monday.

What the heck is going on with the roads lately?

On the south shore potholes are everywhere. In some places potholes have started to merge into one giant pit. On Jacques-Cartier and on Pl. Charles-Lemoyne it is just mind boggling. The potholes have merged there to form 1-meter wide chasms.

I wish the city would shape up and fix the biggest ones at least. It's becoming increasingly dangerous. I know it's harder to fix potholes in the winter, but there are viable techniques such as spray injection.

I'm going to take some pictures on Monday.

Pffft just try the 20 east to Ville Marie through Turcot, I'm sure all the people around me think I'm drunk because I am swerving all over the place trying not to break a wheel!

Or actually just try (try!) the Mercier westbound towards Chateauguay, just try I dare ya :rotfl: It is smoother to just try and drive over the ice on the river! Less chance to have to swim also!

That flat tire doesn't look like too big of a deal, the tire is still pretty much intact, you need a tire where all the tire has exploded and vapourized leaving jagged steel wires coming out everywhere :P

There ya go:

tire_blowout.jpg

I remember when I was younger and crazier, I had a pair of Blizzaks on the front of my car. They were getting worn so it was basically their last season, and they worked fine all winter and then it became around this time of year, the car started vibrating around 90 - 110 km/h. This didn't bother me since I normally drove 140 or 150 km/h (it was a different time...) and then it was smooth! One day I was driving home down the highway at 140 most of the way, and then just turning onto my street, I heard the characteristic "scrunch scrunch" sounds of a flat tire, sure enough, when I parked in the driveway I heard "ssssssssshhhhh" and looked at the car slowly sinking into the ground as the tires lost air. The steel belts had somehow expanded and torn through the rubber, and the tire had become somewhat square before this and so had alternating completely flat/bald spots and areas with tread. I could pick up the tire and wheel just by grabbing these steel wire "hoops" that had come out, it was pretty interesting. Really convenient too since it was at home and it was already time to change for summer tires which I had sitting a few feet away.

Modifié par Cyrus