Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ross Harris was in his East Calgary Twin Arenas office when he noticed something peculiar on Thursday afternoon: someone was stealing his Zamboni.

The arena's operations manager was just about to drive it to clean the ice for a 1 p.m. rental when he saw on a security camera that someone else was its helm.

"I happened to be doing my schedule when I see out of the corner of my eye, I see the machine heading outside. I'm thinking, what the hell is going on here? Then I ran to the back and there's this guy on the machine. As soon as he saw me, he jumped off," said Harris.

"The scary part was it's a hydrostatic machine so if your foot is not on the pedal, it will either go forward or back. If I hadn't jumped on when I did, it would have damaged my machine real good."

Harris said both men, who are in their early 30s, appeared drunk.

They told him their car got stuck in the snow and they wanted the ice-cleaning machine to help move it.

Harris said the men were doing doughnuts with the car and the car got stuck in the snow.

"Once I saw him, I knew he was plastered. That's when I tricked them into staying. I gave him a shovel and came back in (to the arena) and called the lounge and told them to call the police as I pretended to help him dig himself out."

Police arrived a few minutes later.

"We're investigating a break and enter, theft of motor vehicle, being the Zamboni, theft of property, impaired operation," said Sgt. Kelly Oberg.

They have not been charged, but are both known to police.

"I guess in their alcohol condition they thought it was a good idea to steal the Zamboni so that they could somehow use it to get leverage or ram that vehicle, that was their vehicle that was stuck in the field," said Oberg.

Harris said the arena will now have to repair the locked door to the Zamboni room since it was broken to get to the machine. The Zamboni itself does not appear damaged, he said, but their car's bumper had paint from the Zamboni on it.

"They weren't real scared that I caught them on the machine. That's the scary part"

smassinon@calgaryherald.com

© Copyright © The Calgary Herald

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Pair+Zamboni+thieves/4305391/story.html#ixzz1ELdgWhX3

Toooooo drunk!!!!!

Ça ça rentre dans la même catégorie que les voleurs de guichet automatique au bulldozer.

Et c'est vrai que c'est très canadien comme situation! Voyez comme on est bien chez nous dans l'fond?!

Dans certains autres pays ce sont des armes, voire des tanks qui se font dérober. Nos deux comparses en Zamboni sont pas trop effrayant!

Thats hilarious! We have some awesome thieves. I could just see the cops like, "Sir please get off the Zamboni" (I know the guy got off the Zamboni before the cops showed up.

Don't forget the high speed police chase, Zamboni driving 5 km/h down Deerfoot Trail and a dozen police cars spinning around because he polish-iced the road :rotfl: Think about how this is the ideal getaway vehicle, you don't go fast, but nobody can catch up!

Toooooo drunk!!!!!

Ça ça rentre dans la même catégorie que les voleurs de guichet automatique au bulldozer.

Et c'est vrai que c'est très canadien comme situation! Voyez comme on est bien chez nous dans l'fond?!

Dans certains autres pays ce sont des armes, voire des tanks qui se font dérober. Nos deux comparses en Zamboni sont pas trop effrayant!

Exact, un certain tranquilite nordique :D