Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Major expansion announced at the JGH: “Pavilion K” will house state-of-the-art ER

The Executive Director of the Jewish General Hospital, Dr. Hartley Stern, and the President of the JGH Board of Directors, Mr. Bernard Stotland, enthusiastically welcomed today’s announcement by the Quebec Minister of Health and Social Services, Dr. Yves Bolduc, on the construction of a new major wing of the Jewish General Hospital. Pavilion K will be designed and equipped to meet the critical care needs of Quebec patients well into the future. Phase 1 will feature a state-of-the-art emergency department to address wait time and patient flow issues faced by ERs throughout the province, all the while preserving patients’ privacy, dignity and safety.

The next phases of the new complex will address other serious healthcare challenges in Quebec, namely access to operating rooms and intensive-care facilities. “We are excited about plans to work in cooperation with the Quebec government on these successive phases,” said Dr. Stern.

The facility will be located on Légaré Street, immediately behind the hospital’s existing E and H pavilions, and across the street from the main hospital parking lot.

“The JGH is renowned for the excellence of our clinical staff. This ambitious project will bring our physical infrastructure into the 21st century, to match the exceptional quality of our clinical care,” said Dr. Stern. “We are pleased to be working in partnership with the Quebec government to build on our legacy of providing the highest quality of compassionate care to our patients and their families, in our community and throughout the province.”

The JGH Emergency Department was built for 38,000 patients per year, however it now sees some 70,000 patients annually. The JGH is the busiest ER in Quebec in terms of adult stretcher patients. It also sees twice as many patients over 75 years of age compared to other Quebec university teaching hospitals of comparable size.

“We are delighted to celebrate this truly ‘groundbreaking’ occasion,” said Mr. Stotland.

EXTRACT OF THE CLINICAL PROJECT FOR THE JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE CAPITAL INVESTMENT PROJECT REGARDING THE:

CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW WING (PAVILION K) IN ORDER TO SOLVE LACK OF SPACE IN THE CRITICAL CARE UNITS

UPDATING OF THE CARE UNITS AND OTHER SECTORS OF ACTIVITY IN THE EXISTING BUILDING

Thanks to GDS for the folowing :

Some final renderings

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=13342

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=13345

Modifié par monctezuma

• Réponses 44
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Plus I think this is the location where the new Pavilion going to be.

Pavilion K

On wikipedia it says the hospital already has 637 beds. Plus with the new Pavilion its going to get another 53 beds or so. When its all over and done with by 2012. It be like 690 beds.

Modifié par jesseps

So it will be on Legare st? instead of the current parking lot? That will start to make quite a effect on the skyline, view from the north....

From what I read its seems so. Plus from with the rending it doesn't look like there the current hospital around it.

Now that I read it more, this is exactly what's needed. Rumor has it that since these services are moving out of the old pavilion, the beds there won't be eliminated but rather stay open which means this WILL add beds.

I just keep hoping that someone realizes the should use the architect of this and / or the CRCHUM is used for the MUHC because every rendering I see of that thing looks like communist Russia.

I just keep hoping that someone realizes the should use the architect of this and / or the CRCHUM is used for the MUHC because every rendering I see of that thing looks like communist Russia.

Ouch :P

Thats something :cartman: would say.

Plus I think this is the location where the new Pavilion going to be.

Pavilion K

On wikipedia it says the hospital already has 637 beds. Plus with the new Pavilion its going to get another 53 beds or so. When its all over and done with by 2012. It be like 690 beds.

Actually, I think this is where it's going to be (you can see the existing building on the right of the render if you go street view)

New pavillion