Aller au contenu

Nouvel hôpital Vaudreuil

jesseps

Messages recommendés

C'est une belle maquette  . Ça peut rester à l'état maquette longtemps encore aussi malheureusement. 

Belle façon de réhabiliter une terre zonée agricole pauvre... rien ne pousse sur cette terre de cain . Elle n'avait jamais été cultivée étant donnée le sol glaiseux et sans drainage donc c'est une belle option de développement pour ce terrain sans aucun avenir agricole. 

Maintenant cher gouvernement dépêchez vous à creuser svp  

Not a great idea IMO. I’m certain such a massive project will give rise to many positive changes to transit in the area, but sending a metro 15 km across mostly agricultural, undeveloped, or undevelopable land (and water) is wasteful. The hospital is meant to serve the Presqu’île, not the West Island. People won’t be hopping on public transport from Montreal to get to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 1 heure, budgebandit a dit :

Why is this in the rive sud section ??

Let me guess:  Vaudreuil-Soulanges is a part of the Montérégie administrative region, which is mostly located on the south shore of the St.Lawrence River facing Montreal.  Of course, Vaudreuil-Soulanges is entirely located to the north of the River.  

Being included in the Montérégie Region may not sound logical, but the alternatives are equally problematic: 

- A part of the Laurentides Region across Lake of Two Mountains, with which i has not a single fixed link?

- Or as a part of the Montreal Region (aka the Island of Montreal)?

- An administrative Region by itself?  

il y a 20 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

It’s basically the West Island... 😝

Il y a 4 heures, SameGuy a dit :

The hospital is meant to serve the Presqu’île, not the West Island.

I think I understand what you mean by these two separate statements, but on the surface they sound somewhat contradictory.  Let me try to reconcile them (although I'm sure you know everything that I'm going to write).  The eastern part of Vaudreuil-Soulanges, including Vaudreuil- Dorion, Pincourt (on Île Perrot), as well as the more distant Hudson and Saint-Lazarre, are "basically" suburbs of Montreal, a sort of continuation of the West Island.  The Rest of the "Presqu'île" is more rural and more locally-oriented. *

As it is often the case on the periphery of large cities, towns on the edge have evolved into playing a dual role: one of service centre for the adjoining rural areas, and another one as  outer suburbs of the dominant city.  The new hospital is a case in point for the role of service centre. **    

* It is of course possible to reside in more westerly locations such as Saint-Zotique or Rigaud and have your job in Montreal;  in fact, you can even reside in far-eastern Ontario (Glengarry/Prescott/Russell) and commute daily with ease.

** Residents of Longueuil/Boucherville (also in the Montérégie Region) are however extremely unlikely to go to the Vaudreuil-Dorion hospital.  On the other hand, someone from Senneville might try it if he finds it more convenient. Administrative boundaries are not that significant!

• Like 1

Vaudreuil c'est le West Island du West Island. Salaberry est à la mi-chemin entre la région de Châteauguay et de Vaudreuil. Toutefois je le mettrais dans une sous région constituée de Châteauguay - Beauharnois - Salaberry de Valleyfield.

7 hours ago, Né entre les rapides said:

I think I understand what you mean by these two separate statements, but on the surface they sound somewhat contradictory.  Let me try to reconcile them (although I'm sure you know everything that I'm going to write).  The eastern part of Vaudreuil-Soulanges, including Vaudreuil- Dorion, Pincourt (on Île Perrot), as well as the more distant Hudson and Saint-Lazarre, are "basically" suburbs of Montreal, a sort of continuation of the West Island.  The Rest of the "Presqu'île" is more rural and more locally-oriented. *

As it is often the case on the periphery of large cities, towns on the edge have evolved into playing a dual role: one of service centre for the adjoining rural areas, and another one as  outer suburbs of the dominant city.  The new hospital is a case in point for the role of service centre. **    

* It is of course possible to reside in more westerly locations such as Saint-Zotique or Rigaud and have your job in Montreal;  in fact, you can even reside in far-eastern Ontario (Glengarry/Prescott/Russell) and commute daily with ease.

** Residents of Longueuil/Boucherville (also in the Montérégie Region) are however extremely unlikely to go to the Vaudreuil-Dorion hospital.  On the other hand, someone from Senneville might try it if he finds it more convenient. Administrative boundaries are not that significant!

Yes, you “got” what I meant. Your description of the region is precise.

For a variety of reasons that I can’t fathom even twenty years on, my wife’s brother moved to eastern Ontario (l’Orignal) and continued to commute daily into Dorval. I know quite a few people who’ve done that, also for somewhat opaque reasons.

But as eastern Ontario is surprisingly well-provided with hospitals and clinics, we can ignore this tranche of Montreal suburbanites. The new hospital and health centre will be a major pole, and will relieve some of the load from Valleyfield, Ormstown and even Lakeshore, while reducing some bureaucratic encumbrance by also redirecting  Québec-side locals from  Hawkesbury or Alexandria to Vaudreuil.

Back to the subthread at hand, while it’s possible (or likely) that a number of its users might originate in the West Island, I think it’s unlikely to draw people from deeper within Montreal and again, extending a metro out to a so-called “third belt” service centre would be an unwise expenditure. However, if Sylvain Yelle gets his way and exo1 VH is improved (especially off-peak and reverse-peak service), I could see it being handy for on-island residents commuting to work at the Vaudreuil hospital.

• Like 1