I hope this becomes an useful thread about the numerous protests that happen in Montreal every year.

I'm mainly creating this thread to ask you guys what is all the noise going on in downtown right now? What is that protest about? Is it peaceful/safe? Why are news sources so slow to report things like these?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw it and it looked like the yearly "anti-capitalist" protest. It's noisy but relatively peaceful (I even saw some families with young children taking part in the protest).

For some reason, this protest barely gets covered by mainsteam news sources.

Because of all protests it is the most idiotic of all of them :rotfl:

I went once to take pictures of one of these anti-capitalism protests. It seems to me most (if not all) of them were very confused. Many of them had clothes that were clearly a lot more expensive than mine and I'm very much pro-capitalism. Many Canadians don't seem to appreciate what they have and seem to think that by trashing "capitalist stuff" they are helping those who have less...

I went once to take pictures of one of these anti-capitalism protests. It seems to me most (if not all) of them were very confused. Many of them had clothes that were clearly a lot more expensive than mine and I'm very much pro-capitalism. Many Canadians don't seem to appreciate what they have and seem to think that by trashing "capitalist stuff" they are helping those who have less...

Indeed, that whole movement is quite confusing. So many of my friends are so called "anti-capitalists", but it's hard to take them seriously when they're drinking a Starbucks latte while surfing the net on their Macbooks. lol

Ce n'est pas parce que tu n'es pas d'accord avec leurs idées qu'elles sont nécessairement idiotes.

Certes, mais l'anti-capitalisme? C'est necessairement idiote, tout comme toucher le four quand il est chaud ou de frapper sa tete avec une brique ou de ne pas savoir le reponse a "1+1="...

Certes, mais l'anti-capitalisme? C'est necessairement idiote, tout comme toucher le four quand il est chaud ou de frapper sa tete avec une brique ou de ne pas savoir le reponse a "1+1="...

Tu considères que le capitalisme est le seul système économique de notre planisphère ?

The "ruler" guy on the top left looks like Stalin, how prescient :rotfl: The best was that in Communist countries, it was exactly as depicted in the poster...

Tu considères que le capitalisme est le seul système économique de notre planisphère ?

Le seul qui marche, et l'histoire le demontre.