This makes me sick, people disliking RD because its considered Federalist

jesseps

My mother was telling me today at work, that people complained about "Remembrance Day". They consider it a federalist holiday :mad: She works for Margaret Bourgeois school board. I honestly have no clue how some people can be so stupid.

I just wish those people would get fired from their jobs. They shouldn't have a right to work for the government or be teaching. Goes to show how dumb some people are in the education system.

If these people don't want to remember family members or their friends for what they have done. They shouldn't be part of this society and go live somewhere else.

There is a few other choice words I would love to say, but I have to keep this civilized.

Edited by jesseps

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that is soooo pushed forward by the federal government has become a defacto labelled a federalist event... what did you expect.

If there's something that I dislike about the CPC is the omnipresence of military display in various unrelated events.

Something that is soooo pushed forward by the federal government has become a defacto labelled a federalist event... what did you expect.

If there's something that I dislike about the CPC is the omnipresence of military display in various unrelated events.

What would that be?

Then again everyone outside Quebec is pissed at the government for "ignoring" the military and specifically veterans, so perhaps it balances :rotfl:

True that over the years, Rememberance Day has been associated with the Federal gov't, but I have no problems with this Holiday. I don't necessarily feel as offended as you do Cyrus, but i understand why we should show some respect for the veterans. They DESERVE our respect, not all the crap that surrounds them on this holiday.

Yeah these people disgust me. They will not get fired though: they are unionized public sector workers. Their bosses are probably like-minded - so they obviously won't do anything. To them, Remembrance Day is solely political. It is supposed to be about remembering the fallen - soldier and civilian.

One of my grandfathers died (indirectly - due to an ulcer he contracted during the war that later killed him in the early 1970s) as a result of serving our country in the Second World War. Fortunatley my other relatives got home safe. Many of their friends did not.

We will soon have a new generation of veterans to honour when their tour of duty in Afghanistan ends.

Re: the CPC and omnipresence of the military.

The CPC is very tied in with English Canadian nationalism. Most English Canadians identify very strongly with the military. It might seem odd to a lot of Quebecers - or immigrants, but it is an important part of our heritage that we are very proud of.

Le jour du souvenir, c'est une journée pour se rappeler des combats menés par les soldats canadiens au compte du Canada. Pour jesseps, ce n'est pas fédéraliste.

La journée des Patriotes, c'est une journée pour se rappeler des combats menés par les soldats patriotes. Je me demande, pour jesseps, est-ce que la journée des Patriotes est indépendantiste ?

Est-ce que la St-Jean Baptiste est une fête à caractère indépendantiste ?

Il faut rectifier certains faits.

- C'est normal que certains Québécois pensent que c'est une fête à caractère fédéraliste. Le fédéral pousse beaucoup sur cette fête, et offre même une journée de congé.

- Le sentiment des Québécois envers l'armée n'est pas le même que celui des Canadiens anglais, par exemple.

- Les Québécois n'ont pas approuvé la conscription, et ce, à deux reprises. Mon grand-père et le doyen de mon village, tous les deux, à des époques différentes, m'ont dit que «c'était la guerre pour l'Angleterre, pas pour les Canadiens» (pour eux, les Canadiens étant les francophones).

Et si on proposait que, au Québec, le Fleurdelysée soit porté, à la place du coquelicot ? Et s'il ne servait qu'à se souvenir des Patriotes, des miliciens et des autochtones qui ont combattu pendant l'invasion, vous diriez que c'est indépendantiste ?

Ne soyez pas hypocrites à ce point ...

Edited by Aurélien

Pour clarifier, je n'ai rien contre cette journée là, le fait de se rapeller notre histoire, des guerres etc... c'est super.

Mais de la manière comment c'est politisé, c'est ça qui m'énerve.

Est-ce que je porte le coquelicot? Non, je vois pas la nécessité. Est-ce que je l'ai déjà porté, oui.

Cyrus: les évenements sportifs me viennent à l'esprit, ça arrive très souvent, pense au match d'ouverture des habs-leafs, olympiques, etc etc. Y manquent pas une occasion. Les pubs à la télé, les "exercices" en pleine ville pour montrer leur présence, ...