Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 87
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Everything I've seen and heard up til now about Tea baggers has shown that they are social conservatives, which doesn't juve with me. By the way, I do NOT get my news from MSNBC. I get my News from BBC, PBS and CTV, which are real news agencies who are objective in their fact finding(unlike FOX News and MSNBC).

Tu as hyper raison! Et comme le disait Foglia dans La Presse:

Et dans M. Obama, ce n'est pas le Noir que l'Amérique profonde déteste. C'est l'intello."
. Y'a pas moyen d'avoir l'air intelligent dans ce pays, ça porte malheur! Triste époque.... Une vraie marée noire qui déferle. Du goudron intellectuel collant et visqueux. Ouache.

So in other words you have no proof of this! I could just as easily say: "I'm sure that the vast majority of Tea Baggers are against gay marriage and Abortion". In fact, I'd say that most news reports with regards to the Tea Baggers say that they are very conservative with regards to social issues!

The point is that tea-partiers's cause is fiscal conservatism, liberty and personal responsibility, not abortion nor gay marriage. The tea-party is a new movement for people who consider themselves fiscal conservatives and socially liberal. It doesn't mean that there are christians in there that believe gay marriage is wrong, it means that no matter what they believe, they don't think the government should decide for the people what is acceptable or not.

I see media saying that tea-partiers are very conservative or radical right wing all the time but that is factually wrong. Or at least, we don't have the same definition of conservative and right wing. These people are mostly libertarian, whereas as social conservatives are authoritarian (impose their beliefs on others) just like most left wing people are authoritarian but with mostly opposing viewpoints. Why is it so hard to understand that the government being authoritarian is the problem?

Everything I've seen and heard up til now about Tea baggers has shown that they are social conservatives, which doesn't juve with me. By the way, I do NOT get my news from MSNBC. I get my News from BBC, PBS and CTV, which are real news agencies who are objective in their fact finding(unlike FOX News and MSNBC).

This proves that most media outlets, including BBC, PBS and CTV are biased against who they view are their opponents. How many times was the media talking about violence within the tea-party, yet the only violence that actually happened was a black guy who was beat up by union thugs for being part of the tea party rally. This barely made the news yet if the black guy was a liberal, it would have been all over the national and international news.

Je dois avouer que le groupe Legault/Facal m'attire beaucoup plus que le groupe Liberté Québec.

Par contre je vais prendre mon temps et je vais lire tout ce que je peux sur ces deux groupes avant de prendre ma décision. Je veux m,assurer que je n'embarque pas dans quelque chose qui me fera regretter mon vote!(si jamais ils deviennent un groupe politique).

Je comprends ta position, j'ai voté pour l'ADQ à quelques reprises et j'ai été très déçu. J'ai aussi été extrèmement déçu de plusieurs républicains et conservateur canadiens. Par contre, il est impossible de savoir d'avance comment un politicien va faire sa job une fois élu car ils disent souvent toute sorte de promesses qui nous plait mais qui ne gardent pas et c'est difficile de trouver les politiciens sérieux et honnête parmis ses clowns.

I'm sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree with you. The BBC with a bias?? Really?

Just google it, you'll find examples for any news media...

BBC had "massive bias to left:" director general

(AFP) – Sep 2, 2010

LONDON — The director general of the BBC admitted Thursday that his organisation had been guilty of a "massive bias to the left" but said "a completely different generation" of journalists now works at the broadcaster.

Mark Thompson told the right-of-centre Spectator magazine that there was an institutional bias when he joined the organisation, reinforcing the findings of a 2007 internal report which concluded that greater efforts were required to avoid liberal bias.

"In the BBC I joined 30 years ago, there was, in much of current affairs, in terms of people's personal politics, which were quite vocal, a massive bias to the left," Thompson said.

"The organisation did struggle then with impartiality. And journalistically, staff were quite mystified by the early years of Thatcher."Now it is a completely different generation. There is much less overt tribalism among the young journalists who work for the BBC," he added.

The 2007 report criticised the organisation?s slow response to the rise of Euroscepticism and immigration concerns, which it said were considered "'off limits? in terms of a liberal-minded comfort zone."

Outlining his hopes for the relationship between the national broadcaster and thenew Conservative-led coalition government, Thompson said: "What we want is an effective and businesslike relationship with government -- it's not about personal relations."

Source

Media is just about always biased to the left to varying levels.

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2010/11/03/william-watson-tea-will-be-good-for-us/

The T-E-A in the Tea Party that had such a big influence on Republican gains in Tuesday’s U.S. mid-term elections stands for “Taxed Enough Already.” Given the “mad as hell and not going to take it any more” mood of many Tea Partiers, we in Canada are bound to worry whether it also means “Trading Enough Already.” If the Tea Party caucus wags the Republicans and if the Republicans now half-run U.S. policy, a Tea Party that favoured American suppliers over foreign would be bad news for us.

The Tea Party is not a political party like any other. That’s the point. It’s a loose amalgam of many millions of dissidents against the status quo who have all sorts of different ideas, not all of them consistent. It doesn’t have a platform in the traditional sense.

To the extent there’s a strong libertarian streak in the Tea Party, we’ll be OK. Libertarians like voluntary exchange and don’t much mind whether or not the exchange is with foreigners, even including Canadians. If libertarians get hold of U.S. trade policy, the whole world will be better off. Don’t forget that the original tea party, in Boston in December 1773, was over a three-penny tax on imported tea (even if the tea-dumpers were mainly opposed, not to the tax itself, but to the fact that someone else had imposed it on them).

Alas, the Tea Party movement has been too successful to be made up only of libertarians. Not even in the United States are libertarians that numerous. It also clearly contains strong strains of populism and nativism. Without necessarily following customary media usage and treating those nouns as pejoratives, it’s fair to say many populists and all nativists have a strong preference for things local — which in this case does not include us. Moreover, for many Americans in this election cycle the overall energizing factor has been the lousy economy. Outside of libertarianism, the idea is very appealing that the way to create jobs is to keep out foreign products and encourage or even force citizens to buy local.

It doesn’t work, of course. If Americans don’t buy other countries’ goods, other countries ultimately can’t buy Americans’ goods...