Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 161
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

I think Cataclaw’s plan is great, although with the planned Trudeau-downtown train shuttle I doubt the government will want to spend the money to extend the blue line all the way to the airport.

I also think its great having a line on the west end of the south shore. Hopefully, it would push the south shore’s waterfront to look more like Jersey City and less like Laval. I think many Montrealers are stuck the idea that downtown has to be bounded by the end of the island. When you take the example of New York and Jersey City that obviously does not have to be true.

There’s only one thing I’d adapt differently. I’m considering two things: the AMT’s plan to create underground train stations at Edouard Montpetit and Peel and that that the underground train tunnel will soon house trains from the Deux Montagnes, Repentigny-Mascouche line, and possibly the Blainville-St. Jerome if it is in fact rerouted. I’d have this new Peel-South Shore line extended to Edouard Monpetit and make it steel-wheel as opposed to rubber wheels. This way the trains could all stop at Edouard Monpetit allowing for easy access for train riders to any metro line. It would also allow people on the blue line to bypass the already busy east end of the orange line to get downtown. Additionally it would allow the metro to be at surface at some points which would be especially useful from Ile-des-Soeurs to the South Shore where due to the huge distance between the two stations an underground tunnel would be extremely costly and really long for passengers to be underground. (I have to pass through the tunnel from Cartier to de la Concorde several times a week and it’s not nearly as big as that one would be, and it already feels like forever). During rush hour when trains come often I’d have one in two trains do the entire red line route and have the others do Edouard Montpetit-Bonaventure, kind of like the orange line in Laval during rush hour where only every second train comes to Laval.

Deux heures de travail, qu'est ce que vous en pensez?

Le metro en 2050:

metro2050.jpg

Nice one.

Thing is the Orange line should be going a little more towards the 13, but that is just me.

Plus it would be nice seeing UoM connecting to Concordia or McGill

I also think its great having a line on the west end of the south shore. Hopefully, it would push the south shore’s waterfront to look more like Jersey City and less like Laval. I think many Montrealers are stuck the idea that downtown has to be bounded by the end of the island. When you take the example of New York and Jersey City that obviously does not have to be true.

tHAT IS AN EXCELLENT POINT YOU BRING UP, HOWEVER, i DO KNOW THAT IN bROSSARD, ALONG THE sT-lAURENCE THERE IS A HEIGHT LIMIT OF approx. 15 FLOORS(I BELIEVE) AND i THIKN IT'S THE SAME THIG FOR sT-lAMBERT(sorry about the caps, i don't feel like typing it all over again!)

Beaucoup de potentiel dans ce plan là.

Le surachalandage déjà vécu sur l'extension à Laval démontre qu'il faut sans tarder compléter la boucle vers Côte-Vertu et réaliser les extensions vers Longueuil et Brossard.

Attendez dans 10-15 ans que l'essence soit à 4$ ou 5 $ le litre (300$ pour un plein), cela deviendra un besoin criant (ce l'est déjà du à la congestion chronique des ponts, mais ça ne fait pas encore assez mal au porte-feuille pour que M/Mme Toutlemonde s'en préoccupe.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Version 2 de ma carte

Modifications:

- Langelier #2 remplacé par Felix-Leclerc

- Jarry #2 remplacé par Roi

- Extension à Dollard après Angrignon

- La ligne orange passe par le Carrefour Laval maintenant

- Quelques ajustements et améliorations

metro2050v2.jpg

Très bon travail. Avec ça, on aurait tout un réseau de métro. Tout ce que je vois que l'on pourrait ajouter, c'est une station sur la ligne Jaune au Vieux-Port. J'avais entendu parler de 2 possibilités, soit au quai de l'Horloge, soit près de la Place Jacques-Cartier. Cette station serait évidemment assez profonde et serait munie d'ascenseurs.