Aller au contenu

Canadiens de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Honestly, it's only going to get worst. Instead of trying to control the action of a few in a massive crowd why not move them towards a more open area where they can celebrate?

If sainte-catherine street wasn't partially closed, I'd proposed to have fans parade down sainte-catherine to the Place des Festivals (Which we know can hold several thousand people easily). You'll be keeping the trouble makers (hiding amongst the fans) away or at least taking away most of their cover, bring these people to an area that I think be much easier to for the police to control.

I'm thinking we could have it go along this route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Rue+de+la+Montagne&daddr=Rue+de+la+Montagne+to:Rue+Jeanne+Mance&hl=en&geocode=FXs4tgIdP2Gd-w%3BFQE9tgId1Fed-w%3BFfZitgId5nad-w&mra=cc&via=1&dirflg=w&sll=45.495774,-73.572264&sspn=0.007851,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=45.503129,-73.561492&spn=0.015701,0.038581&z=15

Ironically it's almost exactly 1 mile, maybe we can name it the Bleu Blanc Rouge Mile.

Sometimes i wonder if the visible police presence isn't a bit of a provocation of sorts.

Perhaps the cops should hang around by the dozens in unmarked vans and then spring into action if necessary, keeping only a minimal force on the streets to do suveillance.

Then again... if you hide the cops, then you eliminate a potential deterrent. Some people that would have otherwise behaved themselves will riot if they don't see cops.

Lose-lose!

Si j'avais un magasin au centre-ville, je penserais sérieusement à cette option, surtout si je vends des bouteilles ou des fringues.

riotgateone.jpg

Est-ce permis à Montréal?

Thats a good question :/

Well, let's hope that Boston makes it to the next round.

Should make for a great matchup. Heheheh

If Boston makes it, it be fun to watch. Seeing 3 of the Original 6 are in. Only odd man is San Jose Sharks.

Anyways, I had a feeling win or lose last night there was going to be a riot of some sort.

I'm very saddened by the people that decided to riot and provoke the police. It made Montreal look bad (again) and it made Canadiens fans look bad (again). It was such a fantastic evening, and I was so proud, until around midnight when I started watching RDI and saw what was transpiring. As someone from Montreal, I thought it was shameful. It was shameful that most of them looked like they were black; looting from the Foot Locker and the SAQ with their faces covered. It's moments like that I wish I could be a cop or a prosecutor and bring thugs like that too justice. On the proud side, I loved how most of the people out there only wanted to celebrate and not cause trouble. I'm proud that the real fans are helping out police by giving them their pictures and videos from the night so that they can bring those delinquents to justice. I'm proud that many people were outraged at the scum of Montreal making all Montrealers look bad (again).

Message to the looters and rioters and people who provoked the police by throwing objects at them and not listening to orders:

It's 2010, people have cameras on their cells, smart phones, they have digital cameras that can take high definition images, and when people put their images on YouTube and Facebook, the police will use that to catch you looting the stores as proof. Oh and by the way, there's cameras inside the Foot Locker and SAQ too. Oh and by the way, the metro has cameras too, so the cops only need to see you in images looting, match that to images of you from various sources on the street, then match it to images of you getting on the metro and then match it with images of you getting off the metro - at a stop somewhere close to where you live....didn't think about all of that, did you? Oh ya, by the way, the cops take their own photos to ID people who are criminals in large public gatherings, so if they don't nail you for the looting last night, they'll get you the next time you commit a felony or recognize you from a felony already committed for which you were wanted for. Bottomline, you'll get caught eventually.

It was such a good night, and those delinquents had to ruin it.

Modifié par Maisonneuve

Un premier contingent de 41 individus, dont six mineurs, ont été appréhendés mercredi soir mais les policiers s'attendaient à étendre ce filet au cours des prochains jours et des prochaines semaines lorsque l'analyse des photos et des bandes vidéo sera complétée.

Good to know arrests are being made!

Clearly slapping some fines or getting arrested is not going to cut it anymore. We should have public humuliations. Set aside a day where we tie these bastards up and strip them naked and throw food and/or small rocks at them.

Hmmm...Probably too many bleeding heart liberals would object.