Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Un article plein de préjugés sur Montréal et le comparant au New York des années 70.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec/is-montreal-headed-toward-a-new-york-style-crisis/article1643336/

J'ai rarement vu un article aussi sévère envers une ville....

Montréal n'a peut-être pas la santé financière de New York mais ce n'est pas Beirut non plus...

Mais dans le fond, pourquoi accorder autant d'importance a un tel torchon?? Pire journal anti-francophone du pays... Le National Post suit de pas trop loin....

Modifié par Philippe

• Réponses 86
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Arretez avec le bias anti-franco. Juste parceque nous fesons critiquer veut pas dire que le globe est anti-franco.

Montreal a plusieurs problemes, et si nous voulons rien faire, on continuera de tomber.

A par faire fuir les touristes et donne mauvaise réputation, ce genre d'article n'apporte rien RIEN RIEN

Modifié par Philippe

I find it more of an article taking jabs on how things get done in this city.

For the infrastructure. I bet we have spent more time and money patching the problem than actually fixing the problem (i.e fixing the Turcot and not rebuilding it) and also corruption with construction companies.

Modifié par jesseps

Mauvais article, unilatéral et sélectif, ce qui n'étonne pas.

Bien sûr il y a des problèmes à Montréal. Mais peut-on honnêtement prétendre que cet article est équilibré ?

Le noyau du texte est constitué par l'arrêt des travaux du 2-22 Ste-Catherine, arrêt dont l'auteur fait le symbole de Montréal. Deux blocs plus loin se construit une nouvelle salle de concert et les travaux avancent de manière remarquable. Tout le quartier passe à travers une rénovation majeure, avec l'ajout de nouvelles places publiques très bien conçues.

Mais pas un mot là-dessus : Nichts, nada, niet. Que l'arrêt du 2-22, symbole de Montréal...

Quant aux commentaires des lecteurs, la poutine intolérante habituelle (J'ai participé des années au forum du Globe and Mail, j'en sais quelque chose)

Voici quelques extraits :

1. "If the meteor hit Montreal and a million of them died, would anybody cry???"

2. "Canada's biggest problem is the sh:t directly east of Ontario and everybody knows it."

3. "Montreal is a great city but i'm so glad I moved out years ago!"

4. "I never found montreal that great. I hope quebec separates before we all have to start paying for the rebuilding of Montreal. remeber all of canada paid for the Olympic dome and debt." (Ce qui est faux, mais c'est une autre histoire)

5. "No surprise....and it will get worse...What else can you expect when hundreds and hundreds of head offices leave a city in the last 30 years....As U wrote before, in Quebec, there is no fiancial security, no protection for property rights and the holy financial institution does not respect its own letter of guaranty..."

6. "But Montreal has bike paths...... lots and lots and lots of bike paths.... and Bixi rental bikes and humongous Bixi rental bike stands and no place to drive and no place to park. And crappy, dirty, slow public transport

The downtown area is dying because the only way to get there is by bike"

7. "We left Montreal because of the racist anti-English laws a la bills 22, 178, 101…so I couldn’t care less what happens in Quebec any longer. I hope you all rot in hell/Kebec, that’s WHAT YOU DESERVE."

Etc., etc.

Le degré de haine qui s'affiche dans de tels forums m'a toujours estomaqué. Le QUébec est loin d'être la seule cible, mais c'est certainement une des cibles privilégiées.

Prétendre, après cela, qu'il n'y a pas de "bias", c'est être naïf et se fermer volontairement les yeux.

De toute évidence, Montréal suscite beaucoup d'intérêt chez les Torontois.

Beaucoup regardent ce qui se passe à Montréal. Et il y a toujours du bon dans chaque critique.

Mais si ces critiques vous rendent malheureux ou inconfortables, regardez ailleurs.

Montréal suscite l'intérêt d'admirateurs, investisseurs et de futurs immigrants de partout dans le monde et à Toronto aussi.

Le monde est grand.

Even back in the days of anglo dominance in Montreal, the rest of Canada hated the city, only then it was jealousy.

What is stated in the article is mostly true unfortunately albeit totally one sided (negative). Infrastructrure rot exists in every older city in North America.

As for the comments, comment sections in online newspapers are riddled with idiots who use them to spew their hate and ignorance. I either ignore them or laugh at them.

LOL... so what. The article isn't exactly filled with mistruths. I mean, the pictures are uncalled for. They talk mostly of infrastructure and the 2-22 project. They could have put in pics relative to the story.

That said, I have learned NOT to look at comments sections of online editions of newspapers. Only the NUT jobs tend to write comments and, as an early poster wrote, spew hate and ramble on about the past injustices. Boo hoo. Life is really miserable in Canada and Quebec.

This is hardly an anti-Quebec, anti-francophone piece of journalism. It's about Montreal. Don't forget Montreal is not just filled with Francophone Quebecers...so if it's offensive, it's offensive to all Montrealers, Anglophones and Allophones too.

Back to the comments for a sec...

I have read comments in the past on both Cyberpresse and SRC and they can be pretty filled with hate towards Canada and Anglophone Quebecers. I mean, is it still okay to call Anglophones white Rhodesians?

Bottom line: there are A LOT of people out there with a lot of hang-ups about history and language. WAY too sensitive. Get over it. It's a big, complicated, very competitive world out there now.