Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

U.S. retailer Limited Brands Inc. said Wednesday it plans to expand in Canada and the Middle East.

The company said it is creating Limited Brands Canada, based in Montreal, to support the Canadian expansion of its retail chains including La Senza, Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret and Victoria's Secret Pink.

Limited also announced a franchise partnership with M.H. Alshaya Co. to operate stores in the Middle East, starting with Bath and Body Works stores in the region later this year.

In addition, the company said it will consolidate the creative and merchant leadership of its international businesses at its world headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.

Limited Brands shares were down 17 cents, or 0.6 per cent, at $27.02 (U.S.) in morning trade on the New York Stock Exchange.

(Courtesy of The Globe and Mail)

I have a feeling many women will be happy with this news.

The company said it is creating Limited Brands Canada, based in Montreal, to support the Canadian expansion of its retail chains including La Senza, Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret and Victoria's Secret Pink.

That would imply bringing jobs here, no?

If its supporting the canadian expansion, then there would be more than jsut retail. It would also include warehousing, transportation, and some kind of management. It's hard to beleive they would move people out while trying to expand. I don't doubt you, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

If its supporting the canadian expansion, then there would be more than jsut retail. It would also include warehousing, transportation, and some kind of management. It's hard to beleive they would move people out while trying to expand. I don't doubt you, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Limited Brands to add 50 or more jobs in central Ohio

Changes on international front will consolidate creative work in Columbus

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 03:05 PM

By Tim Feran

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

At least 50 new jobs will be created at Limited Brands as part of its new international strategy that will create a separate division for Canada and shift certain creative functions from Canada to its Columbus headquarters.

Limited Brands Canada will be based in Montreal and will focus on Canadian retail activity involving its La Senza, Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret Pink and Victoria's Secret chains, said Martin Waters, executive vice president, international.

The new division will be led by Joanne Nemeroff, who will retain her title as president of La Senza. That Canadian chain, purchased by Limited Brands in 2007, features intimate apparel and loungewear.

In all, there will be about 100 employees in Columbus for the new Limited Brands Canada division, Waters said.

"We will be offering the opportunity to 50 people in Montreal to transfer to Columbus," he said. "Your guess is as good as mine if they will take that opportunity."

The Columbus employees will focus on marketing and design while the Montreal staff will focus on store operations.

"Some of the Columbus staff may already be working for us, but I suspect that many will be new hires," he said.

The changes are expected to take place in the next three months, Limited Brands officials said.

In the three years since acquiring La Senza, Limited Brands has opened some Victoria's Secret stores in the same markets. The two lingerie brands are different enough that they have helped the company gain a greater market share.

"We think that the two brands together can give us a very, very dominant market position," Waters said.

Limited Brands also announced an agreement with M.H. Alshaya Co. to operate franchised stores in the Middle East. Bath and Body Works stores will be the initial focus of this relationship, with the first stores to open in the region this year.

Modifié par GDS