Aller au contenu

Laur&nt Clark - 20, 25 étages

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

Le 2018-11-04 à 21:58, Gio22 a dit :

Idk if anyone else agress with this, but I found st-laurent really dead between RL and sheerbrooke. There was a lot of empty locals which is really suprising considering its a major street in Montreal. Now with le carre st-laurent going up, and laurent&clark and myriad both being located on st-laurent I think this street (between RL and sheerbrooke) will go through a transformation

I'm sorry to disagree, but aside from the west side ever since the expropriations and abandonment of the present Carré St-Laurent & Laur&ntClark lots, the east side has somewhat remained a bustling sidewalk, both because of restos, bars and stores, and because it is a natural itinerary for walking between those and the metro station. ;)

Soon, the Main will also be bustling on the west sidewalk, and become fierce again, after a depressing "lull" which lasted way over a decade! :D

7 novembre, 12 étages.

20181107_120715_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20181107_120632_Richtone(HDR).jpg

• Like 3

Il y a 4 heures, Errol MacDonald a dit :

The east side of St-Laurent, facing the Laurent & Clark project, has seen some recent store closings and I wonder if there is already something important brewing? There is almost nothing of historical importance there (the former bank building on the south-east corner, a mere single storey, is a laugh) so the block is ripe for re-development.

A hotel project is already brewing for the Screaming eagle lot, and a lot 9f forumers expect an incoming announcement within the next few years for the St. Laurent métro station and the old muffler garage.

So yes, it's only a matter of time.

5 hours ago, Errol MacDonald said:

The east side of St-Laurent, facing the Laurent & Clark project, has seen some recent store closings and I wonder if there is already something important brewing? There is almost nothing of historical importance there (the former bank building on the south-east corner, a mere single storey, is a laugh) so the block is ripe for re-development.

McCord Museum

Il y a 5 heures, Errol MacDonald a dit :

il y a 39 minutes, FrancSoisD a dit :

A hotel project is already brewing for the Screaming eagle lot, and a lot 9f forumers expect an incoming announcement within the next few years for the St. Laurent métro station and the old muffler garage.

So yes, it's only a matter of time.

C'est sûr que nous sommes au début d'une vague de développement pour l'ensemble du secteur. Alors s'il n'y a pas de récession dans les prochaines années, les projets s'enchaineront. A remarquer que la Ville a elle aussi fait son devoir, en mettant finalement en route l'Esplanade Clark. Cette importante infrastructure aura un impact majeur pour l'attrait des investisseurs, puisqu'on peut s'attendre à une plus grande demande en logements et services dans son voisinage immédiat. 

Côté est de St-Laurent entre de Maisonneuve et Ontario. 

Y'aurait deux façades plus intéressantes aux 1607-1617 St-Laurent. Et peut-être une sur St-Dominique. 

Le reste du quadrilatère semble irrécupérable. 

-Façades du 1607-1617 St-Laurent

-Façades du 1602-1618 St-Dominique

-Façades St-Laurent en 1976, photo Philippe Du Berger.

2017.08ggearth StLaurent_1607-1617.jpg

2017.08ggearth StDominique_1602-1618 façades côtéE vN.jpg

1976 Boul. Saint-Laurent dir. sud depuis la rue Ontario, Phillipe Du Berger, DubyDub 2009, Flikr.jpg

• Like 3