Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

les lignes new-yorkaises sont colorees en rapport avec leur troncon principal traversant manhattan, a savoir laquelle des voies d'un de deux reseau prives, ou de l'independant subway, elles utilisent.

par example, les routes B, D, F, et V utilisent principalement la IND sixth avenue et sont donc toutes oranges. cela ne veux pas necessairement dire que leur trajet reste identique: quoique similaires dans l'ensemble, au de la de midtown ces lignes empruntent des chemins radicalements differents.

je pense que new york est un cas unique auquel seule une poignee d'autre villes peuvent aspirer.. mais cela ne veux pas dire qu'une ville dote d'un reseau plus petit comme montreal ne pourrait pas avoir un system d'affichage similaire.

dans mon cas a moi, les dedoublements de lignes ne sont pas la que pour eviter des transferts mais surtout pour doubler la frequence des passages dans certains troncons. c'est assez facile de voir, quand on superpose une carte de densite au reseau du metro, que les sections jean-talon-bonaventure & frontenac-atwater auraient besoin d'un service plus frequent, et il ne serait donc plus necessaire d'augementer les departs depuis angrignon ou cote-vertu, par example, pour le leur fournir.

• 2 mois plus tard...
  • Réponses 38
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

I thought I would add a metro map that I MS Paint'ed at work today. Extensions on the blue line to Montreal-Ouest and Pie IX, yellow line extended to Mcgill and down towards Griffintown, and the orange line extended two stations to Bois Franc. Also included are the three tram lines called for in the most recent Plan du Transport.

I based the style on the GO Transit map. I think it looks very clean.

Couldn't get station names in, MS Paint bad for labeling.

metro2z.jpg

a little conservative but pretty decent. however, there still isn't anything for the densely populated, highly transit dependant north east ...

also, the NDG area would probably be best served with a downtown bound route rather than the blue line (or both) - i lived there for a while and you can see most of the mass transit traffic is to bus lines connecting to vendome, rather than snowdon which is somewhat of a detour unless you intend to head straight east or something.

neat plan, though. i like the right angles ;)

• 2 mois plus tard...

Bravo Frosty, je trouve ta carte Geniale! et tu as de tres bonnes idees concernant les lignes futures aux quelles je navait pas pense.

Ca fait maintenant quelques jours que je travaille a faire ma propre carte, mais elle risque detre beacoup plus "rough" que la tienne. je travail avec une image copiee de Google maps et paint !

EDIT: Je favorise aussi les branchement de lignes qui nimplique pas de transfers excessifs!

a little conservative but pretty decent. however, there still isn't anything for the densely populated, highly transit dependant north east ...

also, the NDG area would probably be best served with a downtown bound route rather than the blue line (or both) - i lived there for a while and you can see most of the mass transit traffic is to bus lines connecting to vendome, rather than snowdon which is somewhat of a detour unless you intend to head straight east or something.

neat plan, though. i like the right angles ;)

I agree with your point about NDG. People do seem to be heading downtown, mostly, and Vendome is without a doubt the main transit hub. Perhaps an interesting solution could be to connect the blue line and the green line, to create a buckle between MoWest and Angrignon, with an extra station in between. It wouldn't necessarily be the most efficient way to get downtown, but as it is, many subways are just a combination of U-shaped loops (I'm definitely thinking of Toronto's, here). Living around the Montreal West terminus, I would definitely take a metro detour over the 105/162 routes during rush hour, which are completely at the mercy of traffic.

I agree with your point about NDG. People do seem to be heading downtown, mostly, and Vendome is without a doubt the main transit hub.

I think the best solution for NDG and the West side of the city would be to have the green line splitting up in two at Vendome. One line would keep going the same wasy as it is now and the ''new'' ine would head towards the west following Sherbrooke Street with 4 or 5 stations all the way to Loyola and/or Mtl Ouest.

With that we would have more train for the downtown corridor on the green line, therefor better services, and it would largely cover the west side.

The only thing though is, and we've disucussed it here before........is it feasable, technologically speaking, with our current metro ?

of course it is, they're just tracks. and some trains, rolling along ... i can't think of a single obstacle to branching any of the lines.

i mean, why would it possible everywhere else on planet earth, but montreal ?

now, the control center probably would need to get adapted and there's also the question of actually foraging for those branches with minimal disruption to the flow of traffic .. creating the montmorency branch at henri-bourassa required the station to be closed for quite some time, but that didn't have too big of an impact since it's already a terminal station anyway. if atwater had to be closed for a few months, we could either set up shuttles between lionel-groulx and mcgill (mcgill is the next station down stream that can turn trains around), or shut the entire downtown segment of the green line and somehow, through transferts that i'm not sure exist, have green line trains use orange line tracks to reach berri, and then back to the green line. although i don't think the system was built to be able to handle that.

of course it is, they're just tracks. and some trains, rolling along ... i can't think of a single obstacle to branching any of the lines.

i mean, why would it possible everywhere else on planet earth, but montreal ?

Well, good to hear that it is possible but you know what, we are probably the only ones talking and dreaming about such a thing. I dont think it is in the radar of the city nor the STM...... that's what makes it impossible !!!

Y'a une chose que je comprend pas avec la division des lignes. Oui, c'est mieux pour les places comme le centre-ville, car il y a deux fois plus de trains qui passent, mais est-ce que l'achalandage exclusivement à l'intérieur de la portion centre-ville est assez grand pour le justifier? Y'a-t-il vraiment tant de gens qui vont de Guy-Concordia à Place-des-Arts en métro?

Et avec déjà des métros aux 2-3 minutes pendant l'heure de pointe actuellement, ça voudrait dire qu'on aurait un métro à chaque minute en alternance pour chaque branche?

Y'a une chose que je comprend pas avec la division des lignes. Oui, c'est mieux pour les places comme le centre-ville, car il y a deux fois plus de trains qui passent, mais est-ce que l'achalandage exclusivement à l'intérieur de la portion centre-ville est assez grand pour le justifier? Y'a-t-il vraiment tant de gens qui vont de Guy-Concordia à Place-des-Arts en métro?

Je ne crois pas que c'est l'achalandage exclusif du centre-ville qui justifierait une telle configuration mais plutôt le fait que les gens n'ont plus besoin de changer de rame de métro à une station de transfert.

Si on considère que 40% (chiffre fictif) des gens utilisant une nouvelle ligne de métro auraient comme destination finale le centre-ville, ça fait beaucoup de monde qui, à une station transfert, voudraient embarquer dans une rame de métro qui, elle aussi, est déjà pleine. Un peu ce qui arrive a Berri lorsqu'un train de la ligne verte en provenance de Honoré-Beaugrand (déjà plein) doit accomoder les gens ayant tranféré de la ligne orange et jaune.