Aller au contenu

Altoria - 35 étages (2014)

Gbx

Messages recommendés

It was slow, but there's apparently 10 standard units left, 5 penthouse left and most of the office space is leased (at least the top 5 floors are leased and most likely more space in the bottom 5 floors). From a source I have, the penthouses might be divided in smaller units as none have sold yet after months on the market.

Your information is partly correct. On the basis of total area, 19.5 of 24 residential floors (81%) have been sold. Aimia has committed to leasing the top four floors including the outdoor terrace on the eighth floor.

http://www.touraimia.com/espaces-a-louer/espaces-disponibles

The penthouses have been advertised for over a year and have been available for purchase for almost two years. This is the developer’s profit and, as far as I know, he has no intention of dividing them, especially since they might cost him dearly.

The developer has confirmed that he does not have permission to exceed the sector limit of 120 meters on any part of the property. This corresponds to the 26th floor of la Tour Banque Nationale as shown in Image 2:

http://www.touraimia.com/design-et-architecture/galerie

Currently, the structure is four levels higher than the original expectation and might reach the prescribed limit with the completion of the 32nd floor. The city would be well within its mandate to halt construction and issue a fine if the limit is exceeded.

There condo scene in Montreal is years behind that of other cities. We do not value as much having the penthouse of a high rise when you can get a Mansion for the same price in Westmount, Outremont or on the Mountain. The penthouses at Altoria where over 850$/sqft. So the top floor is pretty much 6-7 million easily. I would not be surprised that if it is requested to get better finishes, the top floor could be about 7.5 million. Again, this amount of money goes really really far in Montreal. You could get a beautiful secluded and enormous house with pool and all in TMR. For instance, the penthouse at Tour des Canadiens is still unsold because even the rich know that paying 1000$/sqft is too much for Montreal at the moment, when the average for the city is about 250$/sqft.

Please note that the promoter is advertising the penthouses for almost double the cost of the units on lower floors subject to negotiation by an interested party. The areas of the penthouse suites are 5575, 2x3089 and 2x2868 square feet. With parking, lockers and taxes, this amounts to significantly more than $850 per square foot, which might be considered a reasonable since the finishes will be haut-de-gamme. Might there, perhaps, be a reason for this? By contrast, the penthouses at La Victoire sold for over $1000 per square foot.

Les condos les + chers sont ceux des résidences au Ritz Carlton à 12 m.

Le prix était plutôt d’environ 13 millions de dollars (taxes en sus).

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2010/12/14/montreals-ritziest-condo-sells-for-13-million/

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/regional/montreal/archives/2013/06/20130603-170750.html

Modifié par MALED1ZIONE

Y

The developer has confirmed that he does not have permission to exceed the sector limit of 120 meters on any part of the property. This corresponds to the 26th floor of la Tour Banque Nationale as shown in Image 2:

http://www.touraimia.com/design-et-architecture/galerie

Currently, the structure is four levels higher than the original expectation and might reach the prescribed limit with the completion of the 32nd floor. The city would be well within its mandate to halt construction and issue a fine if the limit is exceeded.]

I'm sorry, but I don't follow? Are you saying that the developer has designed, is constructing, and is marketing units that are on floors that he is prohibited by law from constructing? Does the city not review and approve plans before allowing construction?

What about the people who might purchase units on the 33rd, 34th or 35th floor?

I know I'm new here, but this doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow? Are you saying that the developer has designed, is constructing, and is marketing units that are on floors that he is prohibited by law from constructing? Does the city not review and approve plans before allowing construction?

Don't forget that commercial/office floors have much higher ceilings height than residential. Imagine about 12ft for office vs 9ft for condos... pretty much every 3 floors of office is equivalent to 4 for condos. So 26 * 4/3 = pretty much 35!

Don't forget that commercial/office floors have much higher ceilings height than residential. Imagine about 12ft for office vs 9ft for condos... pretty much every 3 floors of office is equivalent to 4 for condos. So 26 * 4/3 = pretty much 35!

I realize that office and residential floors differ with height, but if you look at his post, I believe he is speaking of the building in its entirety. The stats that I have seen published for the building is 130 meters or 35 foors. He's implying that limit at this site is actually 120 meters, so the city would be within its right to halt construction before the final 3 floors were constructed. That's what's throwing me off.

Since you seem to be genuinely interested in this project, I would be more than happy to direct you to resources that might address your questions. The others seem to be using this forum as a mere vehicle for gossip, entertainment and diversion.

Some of your questions regarding the height restrictions are addressed here:

http://mtlurb.com/forums/showthread.php/20374-L-Avenue?p=174777#post174777

Regarding the height that the developer originally intended, I cannot answer your question with certainty. The picture on the Tour Aimia website and information from the developer suggests a total height of 120 meters. Pictures and models that were shown to me by Kevric as well as the final product suggest a height on par with that of its neighbors. Please note that the heights of the AON and Banque Nationale towers are 28 floors (128 m) above De La Gauchetière + 2 floors (8 m) above Viger. There are two mechanical floors between the third and fourth floors and a roof equivalent to 2 floors.

Please note that three floors were added in the spring of 2011. I cannot tell you whether these are intended to replace the penthouse floors or whether the developer is assuming a calculated risk. However, I can confirm that the height limit for this property is 120 meters. Should you contact the developer, he will also confirm it. Furthermore, he will confirm that the current structure under construction exceeds the expected height.

http://www.kevric.ca/members/richard-hylands/?lang=en

34 floors + a mechanical penthouse were approved, but not more than 120 meters. If he can sell the three floors for $18 million, it may be worth his while to build them irrespective of sanctions from City Hall or, perhaps, they will not even notice. The normal course of action would be to request a modification of the height limit for the lot.

In the past, when part or all of a project has not been delivered, the deposits have been refunded to the purchasers. I hope that I have explained clearly.

Since you seem to be genuinely interested in this project, I would be more than happy to direct you to resources that might address your questions. The others seem to be using this forum as a mere vehicle for gossip, entertainment and diversion.

Some of your questions regarding the height restrictions are addressed here:

http://mtlurb.com/forums/showthread.php/20374-L-Avenue?p=174777#post174777

Regarding the height that the developer originally intended, I cannot answer your question with certainty. The picture on the Tour Aimia website and information from the developer suggests a total height of 120 meters. Pictures and models that were shown to me by Kevric as well as the final product suggest a height on par with that of its neighbors. Please note that the heights of the AON and Banque Nationale towers are 28 floors (128 m) above De La Gauchetière + 2 floors (8 m) above Viger. There are two mechanical floors between the third and fourth floors and a roof equivalent to 2 floors.

Please note that three floors were added in the spring of 2011. I cannot tell you whether these are intended to replace the penthouse floors or whether the developer is assuming a calculated risk. However, I can confirm that the height limit for this property is 120 meters. Should you contact the developer, he will also confirm it. Furthermore, he will confirm that the current structure under construction exceeds the expected height.

http://www.kevric.ca/members/richard-hylands/?lang=en

34 floors + a mechanical penthouse were approved, but not more than 120 meters. If he can sell the three floors for $18 million, it may be worth his while to build them irrespective of sanctions from City Hall or, perhaps, they will not even notice. The normal course of action would be to request a modification of the height limit for the lot.

In the past, when part or all of a project has not been delivered, the deposits have been refunded to the purchasers. I hope that I have explained clearly.

What you're describing would be considered fraud in the US. Even if you were to return deposits, a developer could never market units he had no legal right to construct. This seems rather extraordinary.