Aller au contenu

Altoria - 35 étages (2014)

Gbx

Messages recommendés

There condo scene in Montreal is years behind that of other cities. We do not value as much having the penthouse of a high rise when you can get a Mansion for the same price in Westmount, Outremont or on the Mountain. The penthouses at Altoria where over 850$/sqft. So the top floor is pretty much 6-7 million easily. I would not be surprised that if it is requested to get better finishes, the top floor could be about 7.5 million. Again, this amount of money goes really really far in Montreal. You could get a beautiful secluded and enormous house with pool and all in TMR. For instance, the penthouse at Tour des Canadiens is still unsold because even the rich know that paying 1000$/sqft is too much for Montreal at the moment, when the average for the city is about 250$/sqft.

Interesting. The concept of urban high-rise living has become more vogue in the states in recent years and its resulted in some amazing buildings being built/proposed. Hopefully that trend makes its way north. I didn't even realize the penthouse at TDC was still available. How do you see this playing out? Do you think developers will:

1. Subdivide the penthouse space into smaller, more standard units and market them at a slightly higher price per square foot range as a premium for living on the top floor?

2. Build out the penthouses and either , wait out the market or reduce the per square foot price to entice buyers?

3. Save money by not constructing these floors to begin with?

There are still penthouses to sell in the Ritz Carlton residences in ultra rich Toronto, a project finished 3 years ago...

They are simply to expensive to keep. Even if you can afford them, just keeping the unit will be around 100 000$ in taxes and condo fees each year. They are nice and all, but paying 0.85$ a sqft in condo fees each month add up really really fast!!! When you have this kind of money, you can build your own house to your own taste (custom design), but moreover, have your own private backyard, pool, etc.

Le penthouse at the Roc Fleuri has never been sold, the project was completed in 2005.

8 years and still not sold. That's insane! Why would a developer hold onto this for so long? And given their history, why would other developers include them in their plans for new buildings i.e. Altoria, TDC. Why not use the space to create 3 to 5 2-bedroom units with slightly bigger terraces and higher ceilings, mark up the price 5 to 10 percent for the view and be done with it?

Invité Olivier2160
Le penthouse at the Roc Fleuri has never been sold, the project was completed in 2005.

The asking price is 10 millions !!!!! The highest amount ever for a condo in Montreal. I wonder what it looks like inside.

The asking price is 10 millions !!!!! The highest amount ever for a condo in Montreal. I wonder what it looks like inside.

I wonder if it has even been built out. If you're going to spend $10 million on a condo, you're probably going to want to pick out your own finishings.