Aller au contenu

Altoria - 35 étages (2014)

Gbx

Messages recommendés

Invité Olivier2160
En tout cas messieurs merci beaucoup pour ce blog, je suis futur propriétaire d'un appartement dans cet immeuble. Sans vous je ne verrai pas l'évolution du projet.

Bravo tout le monde.

Bienvenue sur le forum et félicitations pour votre achat ! Vous avez acheté à quel étage ? La construction se déroule rapidement et l'édifice est en train de changer le coup d'oeil de tout le Square Victoria.

Invité Olivier2160
Is there a sense of how sales have done on this project?

There are 18 units left (indicated on a big sign on the building) which means it's 88% sold.

Is there a sense of how sales have done on this project?

It was slow, but there's apparently 10 standard units left, 5 penthouse left and most of the office space is leased (at least the top 5 floors are leased and most likely more space in the bottom 5 floors). From a source I have, the penthouses might be divided in smaller units as none have sold yet after months on the market.

It was slow, but there's apparently 10 standard units left, 5 penthouse left and most of the office space is leased (at least the top 5 floors are leased and most likely more space in the bottom 5 floors). From a source I have, the penthouses might be divided in smaller units as none have sold yet after months on the market.

Interesting regarding the penthouses. Do you know how much they were asking for the penthouses? I had glanced at their Website a few months ago and I thought their asking prices on standard units were fairly reasonable compared to Boston/New York standards. It would certainly be smart to subdivide those units if they have a better chance of selling them. I'm going assume that lopping off the top few floors of the building would not be an option at this point.

Of the condo towers going up right now, this one seems to have the best location given its location to the Metro, Old Montreal, and downtown. Given how close it is to the business sector, I wonder why they had trouble selling the penthouses. I know in New York and Boston, these type of ultra high-end units tend to be the first to go in these projects. Is the "penthouse" market that much smaller in Montreal?

Interesting regarding the penthouses. Do you know how much they were asking for the penthouses? I had glanced at their Website a few months ago and I thought their asking prices on standard units were fairly reasonable compared to Boston/New York standards. It would certainly be smart to subdivide those units if they have a better chance of selling them. I'm going assume that lopping off the top few floors of the building would not be an option at this point.

Of the condo towers going up right now, this one seems to have the best location given its location to the Metro, Old Montreal, and downtown. Given how close it is to the business sector, I wonder why they had trouble selling the penthouses. I know in New York and Boston, these type of ultra high-end units tend to be the first to go in these projects. Is the "penthouse" market that much smaller in Montreal?

C'est assez évident.

Couper les étages = pas d'$ du tout

Diviser les étages = moins d'$, mais au moins, de l'$

There condo scene in Montreal is years behind that of other cities. We do not value as much having the penthouse of a high rise when you can get a Mansion for the same price in Westmount, Outremont or on the Mountain. The penthouses at Altoria where over 850$/sqft. So the top floor is pretty much 6-7 million easily. I would not be surprised that if it is requested to get better finishes, the top floor could be about 7.5 million. Again, this amount of money goes really really far in Montreal. You could get a beautiful secluded and enormous house with pool and all in TMR. For instance, the penthouse at Tour des Canadiens is still unsold because even the rich know that paying 1000$/sqft is too much for Montreal at the moment, when the average for the city is about 250$/sqft.