Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Un article intéressant sur portfolio.com que j'ai trouvé sur skyscraperpage.com. Selon cet article et selon les revenus personnels disponible (API), Montréal serait, avec Riverside, les deux seuls villes capables de faire vivre une nouvelle équipe de Baseball... Et Montréal se classerait 3ème en Amérique du Nord pour attirer une franchise de la NFL ...

Extrait de l'article

Just two markets currently outside of MLB have income bases sufficiently large to join its ranks: Riverside-San Bernardino, California, and Montreal. And the latter is tainted because it lost a baseball franchise, the Expos, to Washington five years ago (the Expos were renamed the Nationals).

La charte pour tous les sports

http://www.portfolio.com/resources/SportsChart.pdf

L'article:

http://www.portfolio.com/industry-news/sports/2009/12/04/how-cities-rank-for-potential-sports-expansion/index1.html

• Réponses 69
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Someone smoking something. If we get another baseball team we should use one of those public fields that little kids use LOL seeing no one will go see the game. May'be like a half a dozen or so people. As for NFL I guess people will go see it but not sure.

As for the MLS, that could work seeing I thought I heard that the Impact wanted to enter it and people do follow that sport.

I am surprised no one wants an NBA team here.

NBA is a very expensive ticket. Yes, there are a lot of kids, especially of colour, that play basketball, but they can't afford to go to the games. In order for NBA to work in Montreal, they'd have to do like what is done in Toronto and New York - make the purchase of seasons tickets for the most popular sport conditional on purchasing some of the less popular sport. Some Rangers season tickets get sold with the Knicks ticket; Raptors tickets get sold with the Leafs.

As for baseball, I wouldn't want that back. It's a sport that is slowly losing interest among younger people.

NFL would work. Some people say NFL in Canada would kill CFL, but I disagree. Both Toronto and Philadelphia have NHL and AHL teams, but the lesser product still survives, because people know there different beast. In England, some cities have Premiership clubs and Division 1 clubs. In Canada, there will be those who will go to CFL only, those who will go to NFL only and those who will go to both. That's very possible.

Having an NFL team in Montreal would be insane. Where can I sign up for season tickets? I guarantee you NFL would work here. That being said, we'd have to build a new stadium, preferably in the downtown area, because the big O is a waste land and very far from the action.

I'm pretty sure with a new stadium downtown, an NFL team could fill about 40 000+ seats a game. Many football fans in Montreal don't even watch CFL and are just waiting for an NFL franchise to arrive. And like Maisonneuve said, I think many CFL fans would convert them selves to NFL or would keep following both.

Of course it'll be bad for the CFL, but I'd take an NFL franchise over any other professional sports franchise ANY TIME. I'd rather even have an NFL franchise in Montreal then a new 60-storey building downtown. (Oh wait... I might have to re-think that one over...)

As for an NBA franchise, I once again agree with Maisonneuve, the first few years would be hell. Quebecers just aren't so familiar with basketball and those who are are usually not able to afford season tickets. That being said, I'm sure there would be something we could do about it. Basketball is more and more popular amongst the youth population. We have the Bell Centre ready for NBA action, but I'd give Montreal another 5-10 years before even thinking about an NBA franchise.

Finally, a MLS franchise will be awarded to Montreal for 2012 if everything goes accordingly. The Saputo Stadium will be expended from 13 000 to 21 000~ seats and you can be sure I'll have my season tickets. It is going to be awesome!!!!! :)

Having an NFL team in Montreal would be insane. Where can I sign up for season tickets? I guarantee you NFL would work here. That being said, we'd have to build a new stadium, preferably in the downtown area, because the big O is a waste land and very far from the action.

I'm pretty sure with a new stadium downtown, an NFL team could fill about 40 000+ seats a game. Many football fans in Montreal don't even watch CFL and are just waiting for an NFL franchise to arrive. And like Maisonneuve said, I think many CFL fans would convert them selves to NFL or would keep following both.

Of course it'll be bad for the CFL, but I'd take an NFL franchise over any other professional sports franchise ANY TIME. I'd rather even have an NFL franchise in Montreal then a new 60-storey building downtown. (Oh wait... I might have to re-think that one over...)

As for an NBA franchise, I once again agree with Maisonneuve, the first few years would be hell. Quebecers just aren't so familiar with basketball and those who are are usually not able to afford season tickets. That being said, I'm sure there would be something we could do about it. Basketball is more and more popular amongst the youth population. We have the Bell Centre ready for NBA action, but I'd give Montreal another 5-10 years before even thinking about an NBA franchise.

Finally, a MLS franchise will be awarded to Montreal for 2012 if everything goes accordingly. The Saputo Stadium will be expended from 13 000 to 21 000~ seats and you can be sure I'll have my season tickets. It is going to be awesome!!!!! :)

how is the olympic stadium far from the action ?! ... most NFL stadiums are located outside the downtown cores of their cities - in fact, so are most MLB stadiums too. by many standards, our own big O is very well located - that whole downtown BS is the lamest excuse in the book.

like i was saying before my initial post dissapeared, this news is old news and still when it first came out nobody talked about it in montreal's sports media. it's a no brainer that this city is big enough to host additional professionnal sports franchises, and yet it doesn't happen; not just that, look at the mls, who sought most of north america as potential markets and left out montreal, one of it's biggest cities. this in my opinion is a big clue as to what's fundamentaly ailing our city.

i also made a point about montreal getting an NBA team; while it's probably not the most obvious choice at first, it's alot cheaper to own & operate than an NFL or MLB franchise, the venue is already available (bell centre), and i have faith that a little clever marketting and a few games against the raptors to draw on that old toronto rivalry would be enough to spark interest in the team. again, that old "about 10 years away" argument isn't really valid, the raptors entered the league about 15 years ago and we were saying exactly that then. it's not a matter of "waiting for it" it's a matter of making it happen.

we would have another team for montrealers to identify with, another reason for pride, another source of entertainment for residents of this city. it would, alot more effectively than any mls or nhl team, put montreal back on the sports map for americans and perhaps even help stop our competing hockey team take it's fan base for granted.

now .. let's see if this post sticks.

Modifié par pedepy