Aller au contenu

Drummond Court Building - 10 étages (1924-2000)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Remember that Tunnel building on De Maisonneuve? This picture is from 1992. Any idea when this building was torn down?

WOW, incredible. I had already forgotten about this building. I remember driving under this thing everytime I went to concordia!

I think it was torn down in 2001?? Yes, the Lépines Towers stand there now!

Modifié par Habsfan
  • Like 1

Here's one from 1970. As we can see, there is a different building on the land the Roc Fleuri has been built on as well. The white building has a different facade on the front, but the same one facing westward.

3640401903_dc9ff00caa.jpg

Click on the image for full-size.

A similar angle today: (from wikipedia)

800px-De_Maisonneuve_Ouest.jpg

Modifié par MTLskyline

What happened to this building? Even in the photos from 1992 and 1970, there is a awful looking white/grey paneling on the wall facing De Maisonneuve. I've had class in there before. It's quite nice inside.

I'm guessing that it was a side affect of the creation of De Maisonneuve Boulevard? They must have widened the street and sliced part of that building off to make room.

3559639309_f1af77031b_b.jpg

De Maisonneuve / Drummond

Modifié par MTLskyline

Le Drummond Court building, dont une partie abritait l'ancien YMCA, a été démoli à l'automne 2000.

C'est mentionné sur le site de Pomerleau.

Le Mirror en avait aussi parlé en 1999.

But the Drummond Court passageway was something of an accident. The 75-year-old building's main floor originally took up the entire space now claimed by de Maisonneuve. In the 1960s, when the metro was under construction and de Maisonneuve was being widened, the city tried--and failed--to expropriate the building. A compromise was reached: the building would give up half its ground floor, but would remain standing above the boulevard.
Modifié par monctezuma

What happened to this building? Even in the photos from 1992 and 1970, there is a awful looking white/grey paneling on the wall facing De Maisonneuve. I've had class in there before. It's quite nice inside.

I'm guessing that it was a side affect of the creation of De Maisonneuve Boulevard? They must have widened the street and sliced part of that building off to make room.

Exactly, the building was disfigured when de Maisonneuve was enlarged.

It's a shame because the Eastern and Western facades are really nice looking.