I need to buy this book for a course I'm taking this semester. The Concordia bookstore does not have it in stock. It regularly costs $150.

I then checked amazon.ca, and found it being sold there for $1.06!!! Only catch is that I have to wait 2-4 weeks for it to ship. But I think I can manage, because this course does not revolve around the text apparently. I placed an order with them for a grand total of $7, shipping included! For a business school, you would think that their prices would be more competitive! :silly:

maybe it's a used copy ? .. or an auction ? ..

1.06$ is pretty cheap for any book .. it wouldnt even seem to cover the costs of the book medium itself (paper, ink) .. you should probably print that out and show it to someone from concordia!

oh and i love the 1 cent saving from amazon.

pedepy is right. It is assuredly a USED book. I'd be careful MTLskyline. Make sure there aren't any pages missing from your book...but even if there were a couple of pages missing, for 7$ it's well worth the inconvenience!

They are called "penny books". Legit, but like he said be careful you're not missing pages and if so just check the text out of the library and xerox the missing pages. Still cheaper than buying a new text.

oh and i love the 1 cent saving from amazon.

Somebody corrected the 1 cent off thing.

It's now:

List Price: CDN$ 69.99

Price: CDN$ 1.06

You Save: CDN$ 68.93 (98%)

I believe that it's new because it is sold by amazon.ca and the claim is that it is new.:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/0393928624/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1262654015&sr=8-1&condition=new Weird...

Yeah, I definitely think it was a mistake. It's back up to $69.99 now. Some alarm must have went off when a supervisor saw my order or something. Oh well, too late for them to change it now!

Créer un compte ou se connecter pour commenter

Vous devez être membre afin de pouvoir déposer un commentaire

Créer un compte

Créez un compte sur notre communauté. C’est facile !

Créer un nouveau compte

Se connecter

Vous avez déjà un compte ? Connectez-vous ici.

Connectez-vous maintenant

• Contenu similaire

• Par Djentmaster001
      I've always had the thought of what would happen if stores didn't close early in Montreal, mainly on the weekends. On one hand, it gives a nice work-life balance, but on the other hand, stores closing at 5 pm in a major city gives it a dead feeling. I've had friends from the states, and also people here who want stores to be opened later on weekends, preferably until 9 pm. 
      2. Bars being open till 6 am, with the last call being at 5:30 am. 
      The question is
      1. In your opinion: would you want retail/store hours extended until 9 pm on weekends, and would you want bars open until 6 am? 
      2. Would it benefit the economy, will things stay the same or will it be a boon?
      3. Will it have a huge impact on society? or a minimal one?

• Par UrbMtl
      10 décembre 2013

Merci à MTLskyline pour cette découverte :

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=146803&page=120

• Par loulou123
      Le retour du tramway à Montréal est une idée qui tient à coeur au chef du parti Projet Montréal.
      Richard Bergeron a dévoilé hier les grandes lignes de son projet de tramway.

Selon lui, le tramway pourrait redorer l'image de la métropole tout en lui donnant un atout écologique.

Dans un premier temps, le tramway couvrirait 25 kilomètres et serait implanté dans le centre-ville, au coût d'un milliard de dollars.

M. Bergeron assure que cette somme est justifiée et comparable au coût du métro, construit dans les années 1960.

Au total, le réseau couvrirait 250 kilomètres et coûterait après 20 ans, 10 milliards de dollars.

Richard Bergeron a tenu à présenter son projet avant le dépôt du plan de transport par le maire Gérald Tremblay.

• Par Alexcaban
      Concordia GM Building

Début de construction: March 2011
      Fin de construction: May 2012

Final rendering:

• Par jesseps
      (Courtesy of The Montreal Gazette)