Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

I couldn't find a thread about this subject so I'm making it.

What are some bands/singers/soloists from Montreal (and Quebec in general) that you like? French, English or any other language is ok. Send even the obvious ones!

If there is already a thread about this subject then just point to it and remove this one if necessary :)

Thanks a lot!

• Réponses 34
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Bonne idée je trouve. Peut être l'occasion de découvrir de nouveaux talents d'ici!

Si je devais choisir trois artistes toutes époques et styles confondus ca serait Oscar Peterson, Oliver Jones et Leonard Cohen.

La scène musicale montréalaise est très riche et bénéficie d'une très bonne reconnaissance internationale (Arcade Fire a pas mal aidé...).

En tout cas, voici d'autres artistes d'ici que j'apprécie (certains ne résident plus à Montréal mais y ont passé du temps) : La famille Wainwright (Martha, Rufus et Kate McGarrigle), Arcade Fire, Beast, Champion, Jimmy James, Guy Bélanger, Robert Charlebois, Jim Zeller, Malajube, The Besnard Lakes, Gonzales, Silver Mt Zion, Godspeed you! Black emperor, Francois Bourassa, Les trois accords, Lorraine Desmarais...

Thanks for replying! :veryhappy:

I will check out your answers! I already know and enjoy some of the artists you mentioned. I created the thread mainly because I'm making a video for a personal project and I wanted to add some music from local artists (I will post my video when I finish it). In my search I found this YouTube channel featuring local talent:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mangetaville

I particularly like the fact that they tape the videos in well known locations around the city.

The Dears, the Arcade Fire, Patrick Watson, Godspeed (if only they got back together :(), the Stills, Sam Roberts...probably a lot I'm forgetting.

And en francais: Ariane Moffat, Coeur de Pirate, Daniel Belanger.

I'll check out some of your suggestions.

Modifié par identifiant