Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Obviously this issue has yet to be released, but has anyone seen this yet? This seems like a Montreal bashing field day.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/07/08/macleans-covers-gallery/mac_cover_091109/

mac_cover_091109

Calling Montreal a disgrace is a very strong statement, as while they sit in their Toronto office buildings, their city is suffering from many more homicides as well as a massive polarization of wealth, as the middle class drains itself to the far reaches of the GTA.

I'm not saying that Montreal doesn't have its problems, but this seems to be utterly gratuitous, on the part of those who seem to love to see us fail.

• Réponses 176
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

on the part of those who seem to love to see us fail.

This from the same people who came to Montreal to tell us that they loved us, on that infamous October night of 1995. What more can you expect from english canada!

Not all ROCers are lying douchebags like the folks at Macleans. I just thought i'd throw that out there. Most ROCers love Quebec and love Montreal. A small (but vocal) minority don't like us, but that doesn't mean we're genuinely hated everywhere. That's just silly.

Now... all that being said... the folks at Macleans are among that minority.

Seriously.

What the fuck is this?!

\/

mac_cover_091109.jpg?w=485

Inquiètes toi pas Malek, c'est impossible de défendre ce qui n'est pas vrai.

These guys are real clowns. Let's be rational here. Of course Montreal has problems -- in fact, a lot of them! -- but so does every town and city in the world. To call us a "disaster" and a "disgrace" smells of sinister motives and/or genuine hate behind the desks of Macleans writers.

Either that, or they just want to sell magazines. Either way, it doesn't justify this kind of bullshit.

For shame, Macleans.

I think their article is actually a reality check (crumbling infrastructure, corruption, crappy mayor candidates, powerful blue collar union, debt...etc).

But I have to say that the cover is a disgrace, it's just made to grab attention.

People used to write similar things about NYC, even just 10 years ago...so it's not a big deal.

This is just classic media sensationalism. I am interested to read what they have to say though, so I may read it in the magazine store. The articles can't be as bad as the cover is anyways.

That said, the whole Tremblay fiasco really is a big embarrassment.

Notice that they used an old pic of Montreal as well. Where's the Crystal de la Montagne, the Tours Lépines and the Roc Fleuri?