Aller au contenu

Secteur Le Triangle (Projet global)

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

While this re-invention of this sector is great, the plan is very suburban; a lot of "towers in the park". What happened to building right up to the sidewalk with the possibility of some retail spaces that fill neighborhood needs? It seems we have totally forgotten how to build a city. I am all for green space but incorporated in a masterplan in the form parks and public squares.

^ I agree 100%. I hate suburban-style projects in the city.

The one that bugs me the most is that area of St-Jacques-Ouest near Guy, It has tons of 3 storey yellow brick condo buildings from the late 80s/early 90s. They all have big front laws and parking lots in back. That belongs in St-Hubert not downtown Montreal.

I'm with you both 100%... however, looking at the plan, there doesn't seem to be too much of that, all in all.

3985189415_c971482325_o.jpg

Looking at Jean-Talon, for instance, the buildings seem to be all lined up with the street. It seems to be like that just about everywhere, except for a few instances.

internationalx, how many stores can be sustained with the people that'll move there, you have to consider that too... not considering that having commercial space brings insurance and general nuisance for condo dwellers up.

I disagree that building more suburban type development in the city is a bad thing, it's actually one of the best way to bring people to live in Montreal, people are ready to go through long commutes to have more than a small balcony sandwiched between a street and an alley, and building this kind of dwellings it not what will bring them back.

There's a way to get some density yet still give it a more suburban feeling, with buildings surrounded by parcs, placed a bit further away from the street, and yet build taller structure and underground parkings.

As for commercial space, it might be ok on Jean-Talon, but on side streets, especially narrow ones with no street parking, the residents alone won't generate enough volume for many shops.

While this re-invention of this sector is great, the plan is very suburban; a lot of "towers in the park". What happened to building right up to the sidewalk with the possibility of some retail spaces that fill neighborhood needs? It seems we have totally forgotten how to build a city. I am all for green space but incorporated in a masterplan in the form parks and public squares.

Moi aussi je préfère de loin les édifices construits près du trottoir. Cela fait beaucoul plus urbains. Par contre je comprends le besoin d'ajouter de l'espace vert et j'aimerais mieux qu'ils le fassent dans un genre de cour arrière (Ex: Paris).

Ce quartier a énormément de potentiel avec beaucoup de terrain vaste et vacant et d'autres petits immeubles semi-industriels avec des pancartes ''à louer'' et qui d'après moi devrait se transformer si le développement de ce coin persiste.

Je continue de faire la promotion de ''De la Savane'' comme nom que je préfère à Jean-talon/Namur qui fait trop formel.

I'm with WestAust on this. Of course it depends on the area and how suburban the project really is but there are times when purely urban development is not always the best choice. For example, I'm actually a proponent of the suburban-type development on St-Jacques-Ouest near Guy that MTLSkyline was talking about. While it is extremely close to downtown, neighbourhood-wise it's a lot more part of Petite Bourgogne. That being said the suburban-type development in and around that area of St-Jacques have really helped convert Petite Bourgogne from one of Montreal's most dangerous areas to a great well sought out neighbourhood to live in.