Aller au contenu

Autoroute 10 (Bonaventure - portion au nord du canal (boul. urbain))

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

From Wikipedia:

The building has a double core construction, with a circular cross section. The Umeda Exit of the Ikeda Route of the Hanshin Expressway system (when exiting the highway from the direction of Ikeda) passes through the fifth through seventh floors of this building. The highway is the tenant of those floors. The elevator passes through the floors without stopping, floor 4 being followed by floor 8. The floors through which the highway passes consist of elevators, stairways and machinery. The highway does not make contact with the building. It passes through as a bridge, held up by supports next to the building. The highway is surrounded by a structure to protect the building from noise and vibration. The roof has a heliport.

That is one badass building.

[mtl-urb_mode]

Ouais bah en passant une voie dans l'édifice, il aurais pu ajouter au moins 4-5 étage...

[/mtl-urb_mode]

:)

Je trouve que c'est bien sur le plan technique. mais esthétiquement et conceptuellement, je suis pas un grand fan des building autoroutier...

du moins à cette petite échèle. Je dirais pas cependant si une tour de 60 étage et plus s,installait a Montréal sur un recouvrement de l'autoroute 720 et aurais une sortit et une entré qui mènerais directement dans son garage sous terrain.

Ou encore mieux, un petit phantasme personnel, un building qui utiliserais les 4 coin d'un croisement pour former une arche géante au dessus de l'intersection avec une super tour au dessus. Ensuite tu peux décorer le dessus de l'arche avec des lumière et de l'art.

Parce que bon, une petite voie dans un building, c'est de la petite bière ^^. Mais C'est quand même bien qu'il ne l'ai pas détruit.

As an urban planner who has a passion for these issues, i must object and take offense to your not-so-subtle claims of ignorance. I am quite well informed and i understand quite well what's at stake here, thank you very much.

Furthermore, I've put forth arguments that make sense over the last few pages. They're there for the reading.

Finally, i'd like to reiterate my strong belief that the elevated highway cutting through town is unnecessary and a hindrance to sustainable development. It must be redeveloped. Period.

You know Ca-claw, if we started a boy band, we should probably call it "Agree 2 Disagree" :highfive:

Sorry if you took offense to any not-so-subtle inferences - none was intended. It is true that the Bonaventure was only necessary for Expo67 and has been relatively useless ever since. As for being a hindrance to sustainable dev, refer to boy band name above. If we are unable to convert this structure into something that stimulates economic activity, respects the environmental, and contributes to social interaction - then we should probably tear it down. The High Line in NY is an excellent example of how we can integrate an elevated infrastructure into an example of sustainable development. But to bring the highway down and replace it with 8 lanes of traffic at-grade (aka a highway disguised as an urban blvd) contradicts the principles of sustainable dev and doesn't address the true challenge that the Bonaventure Hwy poses, which is the fact that 2/3 of its users are traveling with public transit (RTL, CIT). So, unless the SHM address this challenge in a long-term perspective, I'm sorry but it would be ignorant to go forward with such a wasteful, polluting, and non-secure proposal. :highfive: