Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Looking at the pics... this has got to be one of the best infill projects. Really done right. Bravo. If this is how the movers and shakers in Chinatown do things, I say we should let them expand the limits of Chinatown.

You have to give the Chinese credit, their the most entrepreneurial of all the immigrants. They also built their own strip on mall in Brossard. They aren't afraid to integrate and learn French. They are model immigrants to a society.

They also built their own strip on mall in Brossard.

Actually, they have 2 or three strip malls in Brossard now. One of them is on Taschereau(where Coyote Carting and Devil's Brauhaus used to be), right off the A-10 and two others are further west on Taschereau.

If you remember the Devil's, you are as old as I am...if not older!!!

^ Having a lot of Asians and a lot of Arabs does not necessarily make a place multicultural, it just means that most people there aren't white.

I think Brampton and Surrey might still have more immigrants per capita though.

Brossard have the higher percentage of visible minority outside of Montreal island.

33% are immigrant (2006 census)

34% are visible minority (2006 census)

Brampton rate is 57% for visible minority and Surrey at 46%

Laval is at 14.1% but 20.1% for immigration.

^ Having a lot of Asians and a lot of Arabs does not necessarily make a place multicultural, it just means that most people there aren't white.

I think Brampton and Surrey might still have more immigrants per capita though.

Richmond B.C is over 60% Chinese. The Tim Hortons there have bilingual menus: English and Mandarin.

Have you guys ever seen the pacific mall in Toronto, the biggest Asian mall in north america.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Mall

Yes, I've been to Pacific Mall. I was disappointed though. From the outside it looks like a glamorous big Asian mall, but it's really just a massive warehouse type building, which is filled with small box-like stores. Most of the stores sell the same things -jewelry, electronics, candy, fruits, cheap clothes, cheap housewares, more jewelry, more electronics, more cheap clothes - that's most of what they well. I was very disappointed. They didn't have anything I couldn't buy downtown around Spadina and Dundas. It wasn't worth the TTC fare to get up to Markham just to go there. A better mall is the Aberdeen Centre in Richmond. Not only is there more variety, but it could easily be considered one of the most architecturally appealing malls in Canada.

http://www.aberdeencentre.com/en/gallery.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_Centre

C'est étrange que ce projet ne semble pas aboutir!

Il semblait si ambitieux...

Tirer du site web qui ne semble même pas avoir été modifié depuis les débuts de la construction:

Plaza Swatow, plus de $20,000,000 investi sur un terrain de 16,000 pieds carrés, comprend deux étages au sous-sol et six étages au dessus en créant une superficie de 128,000 pieds carrées en totalité. On va y voir une banque et des magasins de luxe au rez-de-chaussée, un centre de kiosques aux 2e et 3e étages, une foire alimentaire au 4e étage, des bureaux de service professionnel au 5e étage, un restaurant de banquet au 6e étage, un supermarché au 1er sous-sol et un stationnement dans le 2e sous-sol. Le centre d’achat est bien équipé avec deux ascenseurs, neuf escaliers et un ascenseur de service.

C'est vraiment étrange qu'il n'y ait aucuns preneurs...